Cafe & coffee

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
c53204

Re: Cafe & coffee

Post by c53204 »

Taylors loose leaf earl grey, teapot (warm), fresh hot water, no milk. A slice of fruit cake - not difficult, but not trendy and you can't get a machine to do it - so not so popular with businesses.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

We're the only animals on the planet that drink another animal's milk! :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

reohn2 wrote:We're the only animals on the planet that drink another animal's milk! :shock:

And I believe the only ones who drink milk past childhood. And isn't it only Westerners who can drink milk as adults anyway?
LondonBikeCommuter

Post by LondonBikeCommuter »

al_yrpal wrote:Its a great way to get back at these unwelcome tax avoiding scars on our high streets and railway stations

The way that these companies are able to avoid Tax is by posting a loss or much much reduced profits. Seems to me that your antics are helping them.

BTW Even the thought of Gregs makes me feel ill.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

reohn2 wrote:We're the only animals on the planet that drink another animal's milk! :shock:
Tell this to our dogs and cats ................. and parrot.
Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mick F wrote:
Tell this to our dogs and cats ................. and parrot.

But that's been introduced to them by humans as a consequence of our habits,they'd never do it naturally in the wild
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Oh yes they would!

Milk is full of goodness, and no animal would refuse it if hungry and/or thirsty.
Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mick F wrote:Oh yes they would!

Milk is full of goodness, and no animal would refuse it if hungry and/or thirsty.

Which dog or cat would persuade a cow to let them suckle?
Much less a parrot :shock:

I know of dogs that like tea,but I've never known one to put the kettle on and brew its own :wink:
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:lol: :lol:

My point is that cow's milk is consumed by wild animals. The mere fact that the milk may be in a bowl or other container is besides the point.

Birds often tip over milk bottles on the doorstep to get at it. People put out milk for hedgehogs and badgers, and maybe foxes for all I know. No doubt the wild animals and birds couldn't care less which animal the milk is from, but drink it they will.
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

LondonBikeCommuter wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:Its a great way to get back at these unwelcome tax avoiding scars on our high streets and railway stations

The way that these companies are able to avoid Tax is by posting a loss or much much reduced profits. Seems to me that your antics are helping them.

There's only so much you can do on hiding profits, but many businesses do it. Our high streets now look like a replica of American crossroads in the deep south. MacDonalds, Subway, Starbucks, etc. That turns my stomach. You only have to look around to spot the obese consequences. Dennies are next... Greg's are saints compared with that lot.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
honesty

Post by honesty »

Id much prefer to go to Bird's Confectioners, but they havent spread out of the Midlands yet. I miss their caramel doughnut.
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

I think that this is in the wrong place?

Should it be in The Tea Shop. :wink:
Only because we do not have The Coffee Shop.
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

LondonBikeCommuter wrote:

They actually do it by claiming they are having to pay part of their own operations in lower tax places outrageous sums for raw materials, like coffee beans, or the right to use logos, etc. They then make huge profits in those low-tax places (where often they may only have one office and a couple of employees) and pay their tax there instead. There's a specific name for it, I can't remember what it is (though I can think of some for myself).

Aha, just remembered, it's called 'transfer pricing'. But not by me. :evil:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mick F wrote::lol: :lol:

My point is that cow's milk is consumed by wild animals. The mere fact that the milk may be in a bowl or other container is besides the point.

Birds often tip over milk bottles on the doorstep to get at it. People put out milk for hedgehogs and badgers, and maybe foxes for all I know. No doubt the wild animals and birds couldn't care less which animal the milk is from, but drink it they will.

My point was that it's not a 'natural' food,found outside the cow other than when extracted by humans ,but because we extract it ourselves by making the cow think it's pregnant by artificial means,we then go onto feed it to other animals.
Take the human being out of the equation and animals won't consume cow's milk.
Without the human they wouldn't,because they couldn't,irrespective of whether it's good for them or not!
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Mick F wrote:People put out milk for hedgehogs ...

A bit off-topic but you should not put out milk for hedgehogs. Lot of reasons why you should not, but mainly it will give them diarrhoea. Of course they will drink it but that does not make it good for them (after all, we eat McDonalds ...).

Ian