Punishment Pass - By a Cyclist

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
mjr

Re: Punishment Pass - By a Cyclist

Post by mjr »

Psamathe wrote:Personally I would contact the club concerned.

Do it if you like, but I hope it goes better for you than it did me. I let a club know about a guy pavement-cycling in their full club kit and the reply was rude enough that I was tempted to sprinkle roofing tacks down because it was a regular habit. I never did because it would probably end up hurting some walker or a dog instead, knowing my luck. :-(

Some cyclists are nasty, just like some of any group are nasty. :-( But most are nice :-)
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
BearOnWheels

Post by BearOnWheels »

All the replies have been most encouraging. I will give the club a polite call Friday and see what happens. I will report back!

I must say I give any cyclist a cheery nod and a smile if they are on the other side of the road, and I have had some really funny (and quite flirtatious!) remarks when being passed by or passing other cyclists! Its a pleasure and part of the joy!

But some of these solo club riders (I guess on solo training runs - I cycle at odd times of day as I do not have a regular working pattern) seem so far up their own saddle contact points… well I guess they breathe out chamois cream! :lol:

One would think that the world would end if they managed to crack a smile - I suppose its the same in the other areas of their lives!

In the meantime…happy riding to you all! (and I'm back in the saddle on my other bike Friday afternoon - yippee!)
BearOnWheels

Post by BearOnWheels »

Apologies for the delay! Work…..

I spoke to the 'Directeur Sportif' and he was partially surprised, bemused and annoyed both with me and the suspect. He said he had a fair idea of who it was but asked me to email him with details. He would then respond to me. I duly did so and he has not replied…

I feel satisfied - it would have been nice to hear back but I'm too busy to chase him. His verbal reaction was enough - it wasn't acceptable and he would speak to the rider…
:)
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

BearOnWheels wrote:...and annoyed both with me and the suspect.

Why would he be annoyed with you?

Anyway, glad you're satisfied.
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

BearOnWheels wrote:Apologies for the delay! Work…..

I spoke to the 'Directeur Sportif' and he was partially surprised, bemused and annoyed both with me and the suspect. He said he had a fair idea of who it was but asked me to email him with details. He would then respond to me. I duly did so and he has not replied…

I feel satisfied - it would have been nice to hear back but I'm too busy to chase him. His verbal reaction was enough - it wasn't acceptable and he would speak to the rider…
:)

I had a chat with a PCSO (who was on a Police cycle) a few months ago asking about whether it was really worthwhile reporting dangerous drivng against a cyclist. She said how it depends on what you are after and that, provided you gave them adequate details, they act somewhere between recording the details through to going and give the driver a talking to; much depending on the nature of the poor driving and the evidence. But she did comment that even recording the details helps as chances are that if the driver has done it before and as reports against a driver "accumulate" so they will take stronger action.

I have no idea as to how prepared Police are to take action (e.g. give the driver a "good talking too" (i.e. scare them a bit)), just reporting what the PCSO said.

Ian