Latest speeding excuse..

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
james01

Latest speeding excuse..

Post by james01 »

jezer

Re: Latest speeding excuse..

Post by jezer »

Ah yes, any excuse seems to be accepted these days. How could he remain in control of a match of some duration (I've no idea how long these things last), without a comfort break :shock:
Power to the pedals
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I've never heard of a medical problem that causes you to speed. And that there are injections to solve this speeding disease ...

And if you have this disease, and it has been diagnosed, should the doctor not tell you to stop driving as it clearly impacts your ability to drive legally.

Is it infections ? Me thinks magistrate fell for that one "hook, line and sinker".

Ian
beardy

Post by beardy »

This is so familiar, I am sure there was another VIP who got off an offence, like speeding or driving up the hard shoulder out of a traffic jam, by claiming he needed a pee.

Me, I just get out of my car and have it if I am stuck or somehow can not make it from one junction to the next. Though it may be one of those places without a hard shoulder to stop on when this man was speeding.

Magistrates are just so gullible, I bet there will be a few laughs about this one at the clubhouse. :lol:
Last edited by beardy on 16 Sep 2014, 5:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Sorry, but as I get older, when I have to go, I have to go. :oops:
My valve isn't so well-sealed as it once was.

If I need a pee, I'm likely to move a bit more urgently.
Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mick F wrote:Sorry, but as I get older, when I have to go, I have to go. :oops:
My valve isn't so well-sealed as it once was.

If I need a pee, I'm likely to move a bit more urgently.

But if you're going to drive a long way on the m/way you'd probably have a pee and not drink too much before setting off,no?
Now if you had a ''long standing medical condition'' you'd probably take extra care when driving,I'm sure I would :? .
Excuse or taking the p*** I think wee know which it is :wink: .

BTW someone up thread mentioned another VIP who did the same sort of thing and got off with it,it was Alec Ferguson IIRC

Anyway an appropriately applied bulldog clip would stop any leaks :shock: :oops:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

beardy wrote:This is so familiar, I am sure there was another VIP who got off an offence, like speeding or driving up the hard shoulder out of a traffic jam, by claiming he needed a pee.

This would be the "Alex Ferguson defence": http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/465718.stm
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Err.... so pull over & pee?

Other than that... had his medical condition been reported to DVLA? Perhaps his privilege to drive should be reconsidered based on the medical condition? :twisted:
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Same problem in this camp. I can find myself in some 'difficulty' especially if I'm stuck in a traffic jam in lane 3 of the motorway, with no way of pulling across to the hard shoulder...

I usually try to get behind a bush or tree. But if you just stand on the hard shoulder, could you be arrested for indecent behaviour or whatever?

The same problem happens when cycling, of course, and can be an embarrassment in a built-up area. Luckily most of my cycling is in the countryside.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Vorpal wrote:Err.... so pull over & pee?

Other than that... had his medical condition been reported to DVLA? Perhaps his privilege to drive should be reconsidered based on the medical condition? :twisted:

I agree. If you have a medical condition that can mean you cannot (always) drive within the law, then I would have thought you should not be driving; not being let off speeding offences. Because it means that the driver will undoubtedly end-up in a similar situation again and will be speeding again, etc. until such time as this medical condition is resolved.

Ian
iviehoff

Post by iviehoff »

In Ireland, apparently until today it sufficed to be/know/bribe a policeman (garda) to get points off your licence.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ga ... 86382.html

Though apparently it will be someone in the points office in future.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/top- ... 33687.html
ArMoRothair

Post by ArMoRothair »

iviehoff wrote:In Ireland, apparently until today it sufficed to be/know/bribe a policeman (garda) to get points off your licence.

A known problem. It was so bad in France that they introduced on-the-spot fines, as long ago as the '80s, to overcome it. The chances of you being stopped by your brother/father/cousin/uncle are fairly remote.
Stewart H

Post by Stewart H »

I never leave home without one of these :)
http://www.stadiumpal.com/what-works.html
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

yakdiver

Post by yakdiver »

A nappy comes to mind