Car with cameras

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
NUKe

Car with cameras

Post by NUKe »

Sunday afternoon returning home, I reached the the last set of traffic lights where I turn right for home, I moved to the front of the queue to turn right, I set off slowly as the lights turned green as there were 3 or 4 cars to go straight on in the opposite direction, chap behind starts beeping his horn So I half turned and shrugged as I put a foot down to wait. He starts shreiking and pointing in the general direction of his mirror, "Ive got a camera ". "Your the one thats being aggresive" I responded. I started to turn right, keeping primary He couldn't wait and over took me on a blind hill into the on comming traffic, swerving in at me as car came over the browe of the hill. I then had fun the next minutes chasing him around the town, (probably shouldnt have). I kept close enough to keep him running, but far enough away not to get into conflict I even had to slow off a couple of times to keep my distance, eventually I burnt off the adrenlin And returned home. had he stopped my plan was to suggest he took his Video to the local police.
NUKe

Re: Car with cameras

Post by kwackers »

There are two sides to every story so it'd be interesting to see how it looks from the other side... :wink:

Incriminating footage is, well - incriminating... You do see some posted on YouTube where folk think they're in the right and expect the rest of the world to agree with them (who can forget famous motorcycle man who knocked a cyclist off trying to squeeze between him and a car and tried to blame the cyclist?).
It can be quite amusing when this happens and they get a new one ripped by their peers.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

I forgot to mention I was inthe ASL at the start of this. I was hoping for a You tube post.
NUKe

Post by thirdcrank »

I've one mounted in my car. One day last week I nearly collided head on with a cyclist who was on the wrong side of the road on NCR1 in rural Northumberland. I presume he had misjudged the severity of the sharp double bend. I was driving in my normal cautious manner - I've not developed the ability to see round corners - and all was OK. No wrecks, and nobody drownded.... If he had ended up on my bonnet or worse, the "Smart Witness" recording would have shown that I was on the correct side of the road and driving at about 5 mph. (It has GPS speed measurement.)

I just find it reassuring to know I have a way of corroborating my version of events.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

It occurs to me, if Mr Honker does decide to post his footage on Youtube, how would you ever find it or even know it exists? Unless you noted his reg. number and he stupidly uses that as the title of his video... after all, many cyclists posting footage of an incident with a vehicle, will include the offender's number plate in the title.

Aha. I've got it! He was signalling to you to "put some ****ing number plates on yer bike" - just so he could add a title to his video....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).