Hit and Run - Cyclist Wanted !

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
reohn2

Re: Hit and Run - Cyclist Wanted !

Post by reohn2 »

kwackers wrote:Not in this new world order we live in.
If you're riding a bike you can be assaulted, knocked off, have your life threatened and nobody really cares... But remove a bit of paint and all hell breaks loose.

Yer not wrong there :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Doesn't he appear to drive into the cyclist, knocking him off at 27s in?
Rob Archer

Post by Rob Archer »

There have been several suggestions here that the bike was stolen. Given that the cyclist was wearing a lid and didn't run off. He walked away after the taxi driver held on to his bike. I suspect shock rather than guilt. I too was a bit unsure of the brake squeal. If the camera was inside the taxi it's unlikely to have recorded it that loudly.

I think there's a lot more to this incident that meets the eye.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Rob Archer wrote:I think there's a lot more to this incident that meets the eye.

Agreed.
You don't actually see the collision in the video. In fact we have only the taxi driver's word and sound maybe there was one, but that's not to say it didn't occur - just that's all we know. The only thing you can see is the reflection in the Keep Left sign and from that's not clear as to what happened, but looks as though the cyclist might have already dismounted when the sound was heard. Neither do we not know if the cyclist did in fact scratch the taxi - nothing in the video to show that. There's no proof of anything except the taxi was blocking the cycle lane.

It's too easy to jump to conclusions!
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
pompeyreece

Post by pompeyreece »

There's something very dodgy about that cyclist :mrgreen:

To object to any sensible action so vehemently and then walk off leaving the bike says quite a lot. Innocent until proven guilty but certain something suspicious :?
maxcherry

Post by maxcherry »

Why does the sound keep going off/cutting out, is the taxi driver hiding something?
I do not know what the state of mind of the cyclist is, which made him leave the bike, but I would not class him as a their.
Honestly chaps, I'm a female!