Hit and Run - Cyclist Wanted !

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
MikeF

Re: Hit and Run - Cyclist Wanted !

Post by MikeF »

661-Pete wrote:You might get a bit more of the picture if you watch some of this guy's other videos.
I don't think he's over-fond of cyclists - or any other road users! :lol:

Seems so. Not much tolerance shown to anyone!

661-Pete wrote:
MikeF wrote:So TaxiWarrior has posted his own video on this forum?!
That's quite in order, he hasn't broken any forum rules (besides, anyone's first post is pre-moderated, I believe, to keep out spam).

Also the taxi driver wasn't in the wrong to be stopped in the cycle lane: it has a dashed dividing line hence making it advisory only.

But what happened is indeed unclear: my best guess was that the cyclist, singularly inattentive, ploughed into the side of the taxi. But the most significant feature is that the cyclist then abandoned 'his' bike and did a runner. I think anyone who's had a bike stolen in London recently, should take a long hard look at the image that the OP has thoughtfully provided at the end of his video...

I wasn't implying that he shouldn't post a video on this forum, but it appears from the video he deliberately and unnecessarily blocked the cycle lane - why? Shouldn't there be an explanation. We don't see what actually happened in the collision either. The cyclist did abandon the bike so it may have been stolen, but there could be other reasons. Too many unanswered questions in this video, leaving viewers guessing as to what happened. But if someone recognises the bike it may give a clue.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
LondonBikeCommuter

Post by LondonBikeCommuter »

MikeF wrote:deliberately and unnecessarily blocked the cycle lane

If your way forward is blocked then surely you stop or go around..... hitting a stationary object seems a somewhat strange course of action. I wonder if the squeal of cycle brakes is relevant?

I'll admit that the OP seems a complete idiot and this is a cycle forum but how many people here would happy if another person caused £100's of damage to your bike and then did a runner?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

661-Pete wrote:
MikeF wrote:So TaxiWarrior has posted his own video on this forum?!
That's quite in order, he hasn't broken any forum rules (besides, anyone's first post is pre-moderated, I believe, to keep out spam).
The post appeared early yesterday morning, and I was up with the lark as usual, and saw the post in the queue for approval.

I wasn't sure what to do, and it appears one of the moderators wasn't sure either! :lol:
There the post stayed - in the queue for approval - for a few hours.

I raised the subject with the mods, but meanwhile one of them had approved it anyway. Since then, it has been discussed further by the mods and it has been decided to leave it in public view for comments.

No rules have been broken, so what's the harm? :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

well it will now be "hunt the london cabby" and if u find him stopped pretend a bang! as you go by....
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

It would now be an interesting turnabout if 'Taxiwarrior' were to return to this forum to answer some of these comments. We tend to stereotype cabbies in the same way that so many stereotype cyclists.

But no-one can force him. :?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I am surprised he knew about these forums? maybe gasp he also rides a cycle
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Given the amount if editting of sound in the "buildup" video I wonder if the "brake squeal" was added - it's very loud not to have been...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
700c

Post by 700c »

TaxiWarrior assaulted the cyclist.

Good job I wasn't that cyclist Mr Taxi"Warrior" LOL.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I agree.
As I said up thread:
Mick F wrote:The police could have been called, but not for the scratch/incident, but because of the resulting fracas and the anger of the taxi driver deliberately blocking the road. If the police were interested at all it would be because of the taxi driver's attitude and actions.
Mick F. Cornwall
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Given the amount if editting of sound in the "buildup" video I wonder if the "brake squeal" was added - it's very loud not to have been...

Thinking about it, I agree. It is "real Hollywood" and given that TaxiWarrior seems quite "techy" ...

Ian
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Maybe it is really staged as HE did the damage to the cab, he only rents it and needs a scapegoat to blame it on?
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

Isn't the damage just a bit too trivial for it to be worthy of an elaborate conspiracy. Taxis get scratched, that's an occupational hazard. Blimey, you should see the state of some of them outside my local station
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The thread itself is a hit-and-run.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Bicycler wrote:Isn't the damage just a bit too trivial for it to be worthy of an elaborate conspiracy. Taxis get scratched, that's an occupational hazard. Blimey, you should see the state of some of them outside my local station

Not in this new world order we live in.
If you're riding a bike you can be assaulted, knocked off, have your life threatened and nobody really cares... But remove a bit of paint and all hell breaks loose.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Actually its a cry for help -the poor man is so lonely he had to hire a cyclist to crash into him to get some sympathy? It's clear from the video he was following him for some time, so some collaboration going on. The brakes squealing was added later.