Need an aerodynamic lightweight baby seat

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
toomsie

Need an aerodynamic lightweight baby seat

Post by toomsie »

Anyone know where I can find a good aerodynamic lightweight baby seat, the current one that I bought from evens is a Topeak Babysitter Child Seat.
It is very heavy plastic and it is a drag up and down hills. Does any come with windshields because the baby keeps on taking of his shades. Considering there is no shortage of over priced bike parts I am surprised I cannot find a good one.
timdownieuk

Re: Need an aerodynamic lightweight baby seat

Post by timdownieuk »

toomsie wrote:Anyone know where I can find a good aerodynamic lightweight baby seat, the current one that I bought from evens is a Topeak Babysitter Child Seat.
It is very heavy plastic and it is a drag up and down hills. Does any come with windshields because the baby keeps on taking of his shades. Considering there is no shortage of over priced bike parts I am surprised I cannot find a good one.

This any good?

http://www.simonevans.co.uk/3c/girlsbike.jpg. ;-)

Sorry, not very helpful.
RickH

Post by RickH »

The only seat I've seen in recent times that has a windscreen (optional) is the Yepp Mini that mounts on the front of the bike. Link to windscreen. I've no idea on weight, but it isn't a cheap option at nearly £150! But you do get a choice of colours. :)

Image Image

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

I'm quite surprised there doesn't appear to be any child helmets with visors on, which may have been a solution.

I've got a Hamax Siesta, not noticed the seat being particularly heavy but I'm carrying so much extra weight already. The bracket is quite a heavy lump though.
toomsie

Post by toomsie »

I fail to find a decent one. Reminds me of the time I wanted a heated cushion that have a timer then turns after time so it doesn't rain the batteries.