A Ghost Story

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
thirdcrank

Re: A Ghost Story

Post by thirdcrank »

Did yoy hear a shout of "Yippee-ya-oh,Yippee-ya-eh?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt0rURntFQE
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

yakdiver wrote:I actually believe you as I've seen ghosts myself, but maybe it's one of these

maybe it did have wings but I didnt see any, would explain how it got over the 12 foot wall?
Last edited by mercalia on 4 Sep 2014, 4:10pm, edited 2 times in total.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

thirdcrank wrote:Did yoy hear a shout of "Yippee-ya-oh,Yippee-ya-eh?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt0rURntFQE

maybe the horse was looking for a new rider - had tossed its own. glad I didnt take up the offer
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

mercalia wrote:The trouble with the false awakening idea is that the dream would then have run seamlessly into the waking experience ( thats why I joked that maybe I am still at Shorne fort and dreamed I cycled home ) Dreams arent like that I think. The waking experience would be carrying on where the dream ended with out anything to indicate which was which. Thats why in retrospect it is so very strange.

I've not experienced a false awakening but from the accounts of those that have they can be very much like that
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

nor me so I dont see why this should be a first. all my dreams I only vaguely remember or not at all.
DevonDamo

Post by DevonDamo »

mercalia wrote:nor me so I dont see why this should be a first. all my dreams I only vaguely remember or not at all.

Must have been a ghost then.
jackhandy

Post by jackhandy »

The only time I ever encountered something unexplainable was on a fishing trip, by the thames at Hampton:
There was a chap fishing from a wooden pontoon type thing, which had dire warnings posted that it was unsafe. The thing that struck me as odd was that he was dressed for town & using a portable-type spinning rod.

30 seconds later he was no longer there _ No splash, & no way up the 10 _ 12 ft high stone wall behind him.

My thinking is that there are "ghosts" or whatever all about us all the time & we only notice them when they are out of context.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

jackhandy wrote:The only time I ever encountered something unexplainable was on a fishing trip, by the thames at Hampton:
There was a chap fishing from a wooden pontoon type thing, which had dire warnings posted that it was unsafe. The thing that struck me as odd was that he was dressed for town & using a portable-type spinning rod.

30 seconds later he was no longer there _ No splash, & no way up the 10 _ 12 ft high stone wall behind him.

My thinking is that there are "ghosts" or whatever all about us all the time & we only notice them when they are out of context.

very strange, had he been dressed properly u prob wouldnt have noticed him at all?
HaroldBriercliffe

Post by HaroldBriercliffe »

The outstanding Phil Rickman has a cycling ghost causing mayhem ( allegedly) here.....
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Remains-Alt ... 1847240917

Cracking series of books and well worth a looksee.
" A Zen master's life is one continuous mistake."
(Dogen)