Forgive me, for I have sinned, it's been 2 months + a day

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Tonyf33

Forgive me, for I have sinned, it's been 2 months + a day

Post by Tonyf33 »

since I last drove a motorvehicle. I broke that today as I collected a pair of wheels for a bike I've built up for my son (that he is deffo going to use..) so a not unreasonable excuse as it will save a lot more motor miles than I burned today .yay :D
I normally declare mine off road for a month during the summer, this year it's been two so far and with no.1 son off to the US I might even get away with September too but need a car next week :|
It's certainly encouraged me to cycle more than I have, though with my illness it's being so bloody hard at times..pedalling squares just to get to the supermarket makes you feel like quitting :x
Luckily only one more puncture on average and the general feeling throughout the summer months is that more and more drivers are taking a bit more care (especially the executive level car) and giving one a bit more space. There's been days when it's just gone wrong, bright sunshine then downpours and then idiots doing their level best to take a DNA swab from your person..

But even with that I feel a bit more renewed about trying to cycle more, trying not to cave in and use the car when I feel like crud and the bodies saying no..even then it's still possible..just a lot bloody harder..
ArMoRothair

Re: Forgive me, for I have sinned, it's been 2 months + a da

Post by ArMoRothair »

I used mine for the family trip to France this month but before that it hadn't moved since May. It lives plugged into a battery conditioner because it gets so little use.

I am seriously thinking of going car-free. My only fear is that would make my views on car usage even more polarised and would turn me into a right anti-car bore. :)