Help!

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
kwackers

Re: Help!

Post by kwackers »

AlaninWales wrote:Sorry to take it out of context, I agree with everyting else posted here, apart from this: They couldn't 'see' the tanker as well as you could, becaue they were not paying attention. Seeing requires other organs than just the eyes registering and xmitting to the brain, the information needs to be processed (and patently wasn't).

Nothing unusual here at all. Nothing to see ... move along :wink:

It's the usual motorist 'dilemma'. Fixating on the vehicle immediately in front and assuming that's what's holding them up. (Doubly so if that vehicle is a bicycle).
jezer

Post by jezer »

I fear many motorists in modern cars feel removed from what is going on around them. If they are fiddling with their air con, satnav, in-car sound system etc, how can they be expected to watch the road in front :roll: I'm sure we've all had drivers overtaking just before an obstruction, then jamming on the brakes in situations when the cyclist could easily have got through :?
Power to the pedals
maff1977

Post by maff1977 »

yes, I'm afraid it's true; using a motorcar can cause you to become stupid and may cause you to be fat, blinkered and aggressive, or all of those combined. unnecessarily long 4x4 vehicles with names like 'destructor' may cause baldness and too tight polo shirt wearing.
Drake

Post by Drake »

maff1977 wrote:yes, I'm afraid it's true; using a motorcar can cause you to become stupid and may cause you to be fat, blinkered and aggressive, or all of those combined. unnecessarily long 4x4 vehicles with names like 'destructor' may cause baldness and too tight polo shirt wearing.

I think we should be a bit fairer to the driver. I mean he could have been temporarily blinded by the growth growing out of his forehead swinging across his line of sight. :mrgreen:
AlaninWales

Post by AlaninWales »

maff1977 wrote:yes, I'm afraid it's true; using a motorcar can cause you to become stupid and may cause you to be fat, blinkered and aggressive, or all of those combined. unnecessarily long 4x4 vehicles with names like 'destructor' may cause baldness and too tight polo shirt wearing.

Time for this again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... ZgiVicpZGk
:lol: :lol: :lol:
maff1977

Post by maff1977 »

:lol: It's old but never seems to age...
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

The old ones are always the best! Funny I could have sworn I saw him driving this morning :shock:
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Way back in the 1960s, I remember, my father picked up a handful of educational booklets published by the AA. One of them was titled Mr Cloghead On The Highway. On similar lines to the Goofy cartoon, lots of humorous illustrations of the eponymous motorist's antics. Anyone else remember (or better still: anyone still got a copy)?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).