4 in line bicycle

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
MikeF

4 in line bicycle

Post by MikeF »

Today I passed (going in the opposite direction) a bike very similar to this on route 21 near Hartfield, Sussex. Parents (presumably) fore and aft and two boys in the middle. I've never seen a bike like this before; it looked fun but I wonder how manoeuvrable it is, how strong the construction has to be, and how you start moving or stopping and coping with sharp bends.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
[XAP]Bob

Re: 4 in line bicycle

Post by [XAP]Bob »

MikeF wrote:Today I passed (going in the opposite direction) a bike very similar to this on route 21 near Hartfield, Sussex. Parents (presumably) fore and aft and two boys in the middle. I've never seen a bike like this before; it looked fun but I wonder how manoeuvrable it is, how strong the construction has to be, and how you start moving or stopping and coping with sharp bends.

It's just a tandem, albeit a long one.

The steering circle will be extended, the starting and stopping will just need communication.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.