More than a little red faced?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Bonefishblues

Re: More than a little red faced?

Post by Bonefishblues »

661-Pete wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:But by way of balance, the guy, presumably knowing he was over the limit, did stop to help a motorcyclist who had crashed.

One suspects many would have driven by in that scenario.

Nowhere in either report does it say he stopped at the scene of the crash to offer assistance,only that he stopped.
Isn't it plausible that he stopped because he had to - because the road had been temporarily closed by the police? As often happens when paramedics are working on a serious accident victim by the roadside?

Anyway, I note that he is described as a Conservative councillor. Does the party want this sort of idiot in their ranks? Time for a letter to Mr Cameron perhaps...

Yes that's plausible too, as is my first take, as indeed is someone who suggested he might have stopped out of his own self-importance. I can't see another more detailed account anywhere, sadly.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

I'd assume 'stopping at the scene of an accident' meant stopping to help/make sure everyone was ok, not just being stuck in traffic as the road was closed, after all, he had reason to be talking to a police officer, although admittedly this may be just being told information by the police officer.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Hmmmm.... being forced to stop ... storming out of his car in an alcohol-fuelled rage ... remonstrating (if that's the right word) with the police officer controlling the traffic ... police officer takes a few suspicious sniffs ...
I'm only guessing all this, mind you.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).