Caught on camera

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
mike_dowler

Re: Caught on camera

Post by mike_dowler »

Staying off topic, Ed Balls was aware that his car had collided with the other one, and yet did not stop. His ignorance of the actual damage is, therefore, not a mitigating factor, given that the damage was to the paintwork and hence visible.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Having no idea any damage was caused implies that he didn't actually check to me.

'Road menace crashes into parked car and flees after leaving club!'
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

snibgo wrote:A potential difficulty with the OP case is finding the driver. A rear-facing camera might have caught his face; a front-facing one wouldn't. So it is possible that the maximum prosecution will be for failing to furnish the driver's details.

From what he's written on another thread, AFAIK the OP has cameras front and rear.

Re Mr Balls, I hope I'm not over-egging anything. I thought it illustrated in a timely sort of way some of the points I'd been making. Let's remember that the majority of so called hit-and-runs don't involve a helpless victim left for dead in the carriageway. And while I'm on, and bearing in mind the tread title, I think it was the existence of CCTV that led to the clear up of this particular collision.
AlanD

Post by AlanD »

By way of follow-up to this thread. I have just heard from the investigating officer, the driver responsible is to be offered the opportunity to go on a driver improvement course.
I tried to attach the video to this thread, but every time I try, it wont let me. So if anyone knows how to attach a 70 odd-Mbyte file.... do tell?
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Alan D wrote:So if anyone knows how to attach a 70 odd-Mbyte file.... do tell?

You can't.
Upload it to YouTube or a YouTube-alike (there are some decent ones that don't do adverts) and link to it.

(As an aside - what do the vimeo and youtube buttons above the editor window do on here? I played with them the other day and they did absolutely nothing)