Cycling in Aberdeen (Video)

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Erwan E

Cycling in Aberdeen (Video)

Post by Erwan E »

Hi guys!

I'm an international student currently at the University of Aberdeen. I've been here for four years now - cycling first started as a way to save money on transport, but now I've caught the bug!

I made this video to share the beauty of cycling around Aberdeen and Shire - so please do turn up your speakers and enjoy the ride :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKVAb87R54Y

I hope it encourages more people to get out on their bikes - at least when the weather's good!

Best regards,
Erwan Elias
fretsaw

Re: Cycling in Aberdeen (Video)

Post by fretsaw »

liked the vid. :D
mike
Erwan E

Post by Erwan E »

fretsaw wrote:liked the vid. :D
mike

Cheers Mike, had a blast making it! :D
hexhome

Post by hexhome »

Nice ;-)
StellaLdn.

Post by StellaLdn. »

Your tippling over in the beginning gave me a good chuckle. Could have been me. Nice landscape once you're out of the city traffic and not too busy.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
-- Confucius

http://theviscountaffect.blogspot.co.uk/
james01

Post by james01 »

..and why were you not using the painted cycle lane (3:20) which the authorities have so generously provided ?? :D

Great video !!
Erwan E

Post by Erwan E »

Thanks everyone, glad you've all enjoyed it! :D

Stella - That's my mum's favourite bit too!! :lol:

James - I guess I have a particular aversion towards getting in the way of turning traffic.... :D :D
feefee8

Post by feefee8 »

Ahhh Aberdeen's not so bad after all! You've fairly been getting about the place. I keep meaning to head up round the Torry Battery and Nigg but time and/or inclination never seem quite right :roll:
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

Can't access the video on this PC, but this thread makes me wish I'd spent more time on my bike during my time in Abz. was more into mobikes at that point, and only really rode the push around the city, and as far as the Bridge of Don. Think I got to Torry Battery though, IIRC... :wink:

The bike spent most of it's life outside the Union Street Starberks... :oops:
feefee8

Post by feefee8 »

Ah Starbucks...... There's a coffee shop down from work (Albyn Place) which gets most of my money just now. Malteser slices.....yum!
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

feefee8 wrote:Ah Starbucks...... There's a coffee shop down from work (Albyn Place) which gets most of my money just now. Malteser slices.....yum!

Will have to try one next time I'm up there. But it's the spicy veg sos rolls in TGFS that draw me in every time, oh my. Followed by a pint of Punk...
feefee8

Post by feefee8 »

mrjemm wrote:Followed by a pint of Punk...

At the Brewdog bar? I quite like it in there; some of that stuff is lethal though :oops:
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

feefee8 wrote:
mrjemm wrote:Followed by a pint of Punk...

At the Brewdog bar? I quite like it in there; some of that stuff is lethal though :oops:

Yup, I like Punk at the mo, but their beers are typically OTT on the alco content. I struggle with the whole hipster identity (dare I say 'theme'...) and prices too.

Sorry Erwin, I got carried away with thread-drifting. Hehehe.
feefee8

Post by feefee8 »

That's Aberdeen in general, re the prices, anywhere in the town centre no matter whether it's beer or coffee.

Back to the topic..... do like the video - it's good to see somewhere familiar through someone else's eyes.
Erwan E

Post by Erwan E »

feefee8 wrote:Ahhh Aberdeen's not so bad after all! You've fairly been getting about the place. I keep meaning to head up round the Torry Battery and Nigg but time and/or inclination never seem quite right :roll:

To be fair I'd probably head out there more often as well if Market St wasn't so horrid to cycle through (not to mention the bumpy Victoria Bridge) :wink: You should definitely try it next time we've got good weather though - I had to be pretty patient with that myself :P

mrjemm wrote:But it's the spicy veg sos rolls in TGFS that draw me in every time, oh my.

It's the haggis rolls that do it for me.. :oops: