Blizzards forecast

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Valbrona

Re: Blizzards forecast

Post by Valbrona »

gaz wrote:I have removed the studded tyres from my commuter.

Stick them in your shed with the NBC suit and tins of pilchards.
I should coco.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

mine are staying on, there was still snow on the road last night up in the hills and here at least we usually get another dump between now and March! (the last lot closed some roads hereabouts for nearly two weeks - that's within the city boundaries!)
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
karlt

Post by karlt »

foxyrider wrote:mine are staying on, there was still snow on the road last night up in the hills and here at least we usually get another dump between now and March! (the last lot closed some roads hereabouts for nearly two weeks - that's within the city boundaries!)

Although the city boundaries do reach 1400' at High Neb...
The fat commuter

Post by The fat commuter »

On some roads around here, yesterday's snow had turned to ice on the roads when I was out this morning. I was just wondering when to take the winter (non-studded) tyres off - think I'll wait a few more weeks. I reckon that we'll have at least another deluge of the white stuff before we can finally say goodbye to the winter.
The fat commuter

Post by The fat commuter »

Hope I've not been premature but I've just taken the winter compound tyres off my bike and put 'normal' tyres back on. Will see what difference it makes to my ride in and home from work time as the winter tyres were definitely harder work - great fun in the snow though.
maxcherry

Post by maxcherry »

If I wake to find frozen knickers on the washing line again, I shall be pointing the finger at the OP as the one responsible :evil:

:)
Honestly chaps, I'm a female!
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

gaz wrote:I have removed the studded tyres from my commuter.

You have been warned.

likewise, there are after all 2 more weeks of winter!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!