Ten Miles a Day

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Ten Miles a Day

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I must be the only one that's not even counted my miles.
Been ill over Xmas and again in Jan, but I am not bothered, up to Xmas I have been good last year.
Went on the turbo twice and legs nice and free, out to day but had to extend to the chemist and Mot station, really stuffed when I got home, normal training would see me at average heart rate of 150 over 2 hrs 40 mins, today was 3 hrs 6 mins and avg HR of 159 & Max 179.
That's what a lay off does for you, so its a hard slog back for me, three road rides in six weeks.
2014 Jan saw me with little miles .....well Jan & Feb total was 266 on the turbo, first road ride 1st Mar and hit good fitness by 1st May, so despite the low miles feel confident I can come good in two to three months, happy riding.
Ah first time In a year that I didn't wear shorts :? And I still had sweaty legs :)
Edited- Blinking Grammar :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
The fat commuter

Post by The fat commuter »

February update.

Mid February I was over 50 miles up - then I got man flu. Didn't cycle for ten days and have been doing less than ten miles a day on average since.

Anyway - 59 days gone and 533 miles covered. Did a quick eleven miles this morning but tomorrow is meant to be a bit wet and, if the truth be known, I can't be bothered going out in the rain if I don't have to. I do enough of that when commuting.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Update my lost fitness over christmas :(

Today pulling top gear on flat, standing too, 40 miles at 14.4 mph with 50 lb MTB bike, 8 miles off road :)
Normally 38 miles three times a week.

Thats three months of hard slog to regain fitness.

9 Miles a day :)
Merry_Wanderer

Post by Merry_Wanderer »

It's all relative! 118 days gone and I am at 453 miles. No chance of averaging 10 per day but I would be happy to complete the year injury free
The fat commuter

I was well ahead of the game for a while - but then I had a two week period where I had flu so didn't use my bike at all. Then was out of the country for twelve days. This dropped my mileage right down so that on day 100 I was 138 miles down. We're now on day 118 and I'm at 1178 miles - so two miles off target. I could go out now and rattle off a few miles - but really can't be bothered as it's so windy. Should be ahead again tomorrow.
easyroller

Post by easyroller »

I am a loooong way down on a 10 mile/day average so far this year. Six to eight weeks of little to no riding due to being totally smashed by illness has put my mileage and my fitness back quite a bit. Only really started to build it up again in the past two weeks or so.

Oh well, keep the pedals turning! :)
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

I don't keep an exact mileage log these days but I do have a fair idea of what I've ridden. To date this year I've got @ 2000 miles in the legs +/- 50 miles. That puts me at a little shy of 17 miles a day average - does that mean I can have some time off? :D

Its only gonna get worse as the warmer weather will see me taking the longer routes home more often and, heaven forbid, i'll get out for some leisure rides!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
OurFriend

Post by OurFriend »

Mmmm interesting to see its not just me that suffers with this.

I always enjoy the ride when I get out, but its so much easier to sit at home and do nothing much :-)

I have however just ordered a new bike, am hoping this will give me a bit of incentive.

Mind you if its raining or the road is still wet I will not want to get the new shiny toy grubby........ perhaps this wasn't such a good idea.
easyroller

Post by easyroller »

After a pretty poor start to the year for various reasons, I'm actually pretty close to averaging 10 miles/day this year. Today is day 142 and I've recorded 1399 miles. A nice cafe ride with the club tomorrow should see me over for the first time in 2015.
The fat commuter

According to the clock at work, today is day 183 of the year - so we're more that half way through the year.

How are we all doing?

Just an update - I'm on 1,948 miles - so slightly ahead of schedule. Feeling quite pleased with myself.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
1866 :)
But marathon time is coming and due for some 12 hr & 3 x 24 hr rides :?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Not so good this year.
I've had other things to do than cycling .............. sadly.

1,197miles

That's 6.5miles per day. :oops:
Mick F. Cornwall
honesty

Post by honesty »

Around 7.5 a day. I'm hoping to pick up the 400 miles in adrift throughout July and August...
blackbike

Post by blackbike »

2775.28, just over 15 per day.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Doing at least 10 a day presently fighting flab that has crept on after multiple fry ups :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......