Whats the most unusual item you have found in the road?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Mythical

Re: Whats the most unusual item you have found in the road?

Post by Mythical »

I've spotted a few things by the side of the road, but round here you're scared to pick things up! Whoever it was who said they found £125 at the edge of a pikey camp was BRAVE! :shock:

I once found my own wallet by the side of the road (which I'd lost some days previously!) complete with money, cards, keys and all the other junk I'd left in it. Wierd thing was, I hadn't used that road for months!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/misfit-cyclist - The photos are rubbish but the memories are good. :)
Ribblehead

Post by Ribblehead »

A 3 metre tape measure, a spirit level, £50 in notes, a small bag of spanners and box-wrenches, unlocked padlocks (without keys unfortunately), a damaged rear LED bike light, a mobile phone, a squeegee, a large chamois leather, loose change (whether I bother stopping depends on value, how fast I'm going and how tired I am), various tapes and CDs (you wouldn't believe the cr@p some people listen to in their cars!), a crank bolt from a bicycle, the flexy rubber hose thing from a bike pump, a contact magazine for swingers (no, I didn't pick it up!)
gaz

Post by gaz »

Bit of a thread resurrection but today's item, admittedly on the towpath rather than the road, was a horse's afterbirth.

I should have seen it yesterday but my attention was on avoiding collision with the newborn foal.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
georgew

Post by georgew »

gaz wrote:Bit of a thread resurrection but today's item, admittedly on the towpath rather than the road, was a horse's afterbirth.

I should have seen it yesterday but my attention was on avoiding collision with the newborn foal.

Yeah......I get this all the time. :?
fatmac

Post by fatmac »

A 3ft stilson wrench.
Linux since 1999