Tragic news

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
fluff

Re: Tragic news

Post by fluff »

LANDSURFER74 wrote:I MAKE NO APOLOGIES FOR RE - POSTING...

I know the road well.
On my bicycle , on my motor bike.
ZZR 1100 once upon a time, MZ 150 now.
Holdsworth / Campag race bike, old 80's steel framed hybrid now.

Such a loss is tragedy.
Tragedy does not appoint blame, point the finger, or stand on a soap box to beat its chest and cry for action.
Two husbands, boyfriends, lovers, uncles, dads lost....

Such a loss is a tragedy...

Grow up you lot .....

thank you .....
fluff

Post by fluff »

Ivor Tingting wrote:Really really tragic for the cyclist and his family. RIP.

The motorcylist was a moron. On any given bright sunny sunday there are too many of these menaces riding at insane speeds putting other road users, people and property nearby at extreme risk. I have been buzzed too many times by high performance motorcycle idiots who seem to think they are on a race track. I agree they need to be much more closely controlled.

he was no moron, you ignorant person. neither was he a weekend biker, he rode his bike every day and with care. it was a tragic and freak ACCIDENT involving 2 men. you no nothing and assume the worse.
fluff

Post by fluff »

sharpy wrote:As the original poster of this accident I am appalled at the reporting of this incident by the BBC and would urge all forum members to complain.

you need to get your facts right
as im sure you will be in the witness statements to the enquiry
will you
seeing as you witnessed the aftermath and know it all.
an no where does it post blame on the cyclist.
it was a tragic accident.
the biker did not stand with a gun held in his hand then pull the trigger, ACCIDENT!!!
meic

Post by meic »

You are quite adamant that it was an accident, so what actually DID happen?
Yma o Hyd
fluff

Post by fluff »

meic wrote:You are quite adamant that it was an accident, so what actually DID happen?

so are you stating then that the biker got on his bike that morning said oh i think i'll find someone to kill today, saw this poor man and then headed straight for him.
i knew him as a biker and he was no idiot rider at all. the only person that can tell us what happened is now dead along with the poor cyclist. to know how some one rode and what kind of person they were, then i firmly believe this was a tragic accident. because the man we know would have rather hurt himself than another human being.
meic

Post by meic »

There is a lot of territory between attempted cold blooded murder with a gun and a bona fida accident.

According to the newspapers there were two motorcyclists involved and one survived, so wont an account of what happened come out soon?

I am a very experienced motorcyclist who never hurts a worm even, but if I hit an oncoming car while overtaking (and I almost have on occasions), I wouldnt call it an accident, I would say that I was driving dangerously or that I had £*$%^$ up.
Not an accident.
Yma o Hyd
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

May I take this opportunity to apologize to the relatives, friends and anybody else involved in this tragic incident.
Some of the forum members do not agree with what has been said but as a member I feel I am partly responsible for what has been said here. For this I apologize again.
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Insults should have no place on this forum, especially on a thread of this nature. Perhaps this thread should be locked. Moderators?

My sympathy to those affected by this tragedy.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom