This morning...

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: This morning...

Post by Mick F »

[XAP]Bob wrote:And I have now had confirmation from ICE - the bill is indeed paid in full.

:D
Excellent.
Good result.
Mick F. Cornwall
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

See this is how it's done, nobody injured, person pays for damage they caused with minimal fuss. Stuff happens and yes it could have been worse but wasn't.
I'm still waiting on police after women turned into cul de sac and hit my car. Wasn't a big smash, scrape on bumper, light cluster broken £80 parts and labour. Instead of fessing up she tries to drive off but neighbour saw her and I confronted her but she drives away refusing to vive details.
She now has THREE criminal offences hanging over her and all the crud that goes with it...for the sake oc £80! :x
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

[XAP]Bob wrote:And I have now had confirmation from ICE - the bill is indeed paid in full.

Glad you got sorted and he paid up,stand up guy,good result :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Tom Richardson

Post by Tom Richardson »

Tonyf33 wrote:minimal fuss.

They haven't been bombarded with 'regarding your recent accident - claim £3000' text messages yet.
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

Tom Richardson wrote:
Tonyf33 wrote:minimal fuss.

They haven't been bombarded with 'regarding your recent accident - claim £3000' text messages yet.

And won't be if the insurers/third parties aren't involved.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I'm just grateful I hadn't put the Schlumpf drive on the trike...

That would have been more expensive than most people realise.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
hercule

Post by hercule »

I'm curious, where were your feet when this happened? On my trike the only way my feet wouldn't be in the way would be if my cranks were at 12 o'clock / 6 o'clock. I'm surprised that the light seems unscathed. Another good reason to have a Streamer fairing - it wouldn't add any structural strength but it does help make the trike seem BIG!

The boom on my Trice seems a pretty tough bit of aluminium. You might want to check the alignment of the cruciform, I've heard of frames failing at that joint and that sort of force would likely be a test for the best brazing.
Tigerbiten

Post by Tigerbiten »

If there's no paint damage at the joint or arms then the alignment should be ok.
The other place I'd check is under the seat that the main tube didn't get slightly bent from the forces. That's where I bent the frame when I hit a wall.

hercule wrote:Another good reason to have a Streamer fairing - it wouldn't add any structural strength but it does help make the trike seem BIG!

That's the main reason I still use a Streamer Fairing after having got one.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

My right foot was straight up, waiting to set off...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

And he has phoned me to check that the stuff has arrived...