pressing for assault and dangerous driving

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
elPedro666

Re: pressing for assault and dangerous driving

Post by elPedro666 »

...including past my house! There's quite a lot of industry out in the Peaks, especially quarries, so you see a lot of tankers up and down the A6, mostly Longcliffe, with varying degrees of courtesy. It's an absolutely hideous road and I avoid it like the plague whenever possible!

Feel free to drop in for a brew whenever you're passing :wink:
elPedro666

Post by elPedro666 »

Hang on, I think we're talking about different sides of Mancunia, my mistake. Although you're still welcome for a brew!
VanDriver

Post by VanDriver »

TonyR wrote:
VanDriver wrote:Ah but who says that revenge would be wrong? There is a good argument for revenge. The driver did wrong: avtively, consciously and aggressively endangering the OP. And then, with the opportunity to apologise, he goes on the attack again. We know the authorities will not provide justice...

Well you can take that approach but then you can't complain when a motorist exacts revenge on a cyclist.

Au contraire. Your statement is crazy. If said revenge is overly severe or undeserved then of course one can complain justifiably.
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

Well I knew where the original incident wasn't going to go and TBH it's never going to go further than the 'chat'/warning given to the driver. I made the point that me swinging a baseball bat at the young coppers face would bring a common assault charge and why is using a car as a weapon any different.
He said that incidents with cars are careless/dangerous driving are how prosecutions go/their policy (when they actually do obvs), I said well the law doesn't refrain the police or CPS from going down the common assault/battery/ABH/GBH/attempted murder/murder route when that is actually what has happened, the car should be looked as a weapon and drivers actions considered for both motoring offences AND offences against the person both at the same time.

Clearly the law is there and in place, it's the failure of the police/CPS/judges to use it.

As for the unexpected twist, an inspector is going to give me a call. :evil:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Tonyf33 wrote: ...As for the unexpected twist, an inspector is going to give me a call. :evil:

I'd say be ready for a smoothing over operation,very sympathetic but little else to back it up IMHO.
But I suspect you know that already.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

reohn2 wrote:
Tonyf33 wrote: ...As for the unexpected twist, an inspector is going to give me a call. :evil:

I'd say be ready for a smoothing over operation,very sympathetic but little else to back it up IMHO.
But I suspect you know that already.

I'm not taking any soft-soaping, this persons actions were beyond contemptible.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I wondered if the driver concerned had made counter claims and counter complaints about e.g. "threatening behaviour". Not suggesting that your behaviour was threatening, but they may have exaggerated your language a bit, started the "my wife was really scared by him ...". Then add to the equation that you were a cyclist (and thus "in the wrong" from the Police perspective) and they were in a car (and thus "in the right" from the Police perspective). As I say, not suggesting you did anything wrong but, maybe, if you can stay as calm as possible in such confrontations to be 110% sure they can make no counter claims. And if you find out how to do that, do let me know!

Ian
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

Nowt to do with the language and I told the pc we both exchanged pleasantries. . I called him a fornicating disgrace of a human being and that I was stood at least 5 metres away.

Anywsy it's pointless trying to get anything from the initial incident but if the inspector bothers to call me (was supposed to be today) then I will be making the complaint formal and wanting an investigation into why I was interrogated, bullied/intimidated as well as antagnoised through being rudely interrupted constantly and the constant and deliberate use of repeat signifying. I'm a member of the public that was requiring help and protection from an errant motorist whom on another day could have killed or seriously injured me, but I was spoken to as if I was a criminal being interrogated.
This person is out of control and needs taking out of the force, its clear what his intention was and I'm not letting this jerk get off scott free.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Tonyf33 wrote:Nowt to do with the language and I told the pc we both exchanged pleasantries. . I called him a fornicating disgrace of a human being and that I was stood at least 5 metres away.

Anywsy it's pointless trying to get anything from the initial incident but if the inspector bothers to call me (was supposed to be today) then I will be making the complaint formal and wanting an investigation into why I was interrogated, bullied/intimidated as well as antagnoised through being rudely interrupted constantly and the constant and deliberate use of repeat signifying. I'm a member of the public that was requiring help and protection from an errant motorist whom on another day could have killed or seriously injured me, but I was spoken to as if I was a criminal being interrogated.
This person is out of control and needs taking out of the force, its clear what his intention was and I'm not letting this jerk get off scott free.

Maybe also keep jumping back to the fact that all you are trying to avoid somebody getting killed by a driver who considers totally unsafe driving around vulnerable road users acceptable. He was lucky this time but next time (and there is bound to be a next time) Police might easily be giving evidence at a coroner inquest.

Ian
Guy951

Post by Guy951 »

Tonyf33 wrote:As for the unexpected twist, an inspector is going to give me a call. :evil:

You are JB Priestley and I claim my £5
What manner of creature's this, being but half a fish and half a monster
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I'm assuming that your interview wasn't recorded?
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

Bonefishblues wrote:I'm assuming that your interview wasn't recorded?

I told the person at the time to listen back to how they spoke to me, he said the call isn't recorded, how convenient.
I wrote down what I remembered straight after because I was and still am extremely angry.

The inspector rang today "how can i help" was his opening gambit, that was it... Okay so i can see how this is going to play out already and being so concerned he offered for me to come over to the station at 10pm as he was on night shifts.
I declined and said I would wait until the 29th and come over at a normal time.
Frankly this has blow me off written all over it.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Bonefishblues wrote:Don't agree - two wrongs and all that...

...besides he lives on the same estate, I note.

Quite agree.
Every dog has his day, and every thing comes to he who waits
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Time wounds all heels. ;)
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom