Brutal hit & run - Nottingham

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
tyreon

Re: Brutal hit & run - Nottingham

Post by tyreon »

Fascinating,telling,and horrifying+++

And this is how the courts and justice system works. Cyclists looks and speaks and educated chap. Sorry,you're too civilised. You accepted what was being put before you without voice++ I don't blame you,I expect I would have done the same,shell-shocked. What you really should have done was speak up and out,a George Galloway type of speech. You deferred to a ineffectual and pathetic excuse of justice,by not speaking up then and there,protesting!,you agreed to the set-up to continue. Again,I can't find it in myself to blame you,but on reflection you will see YOU have failed yourself. on the plus side,you have put your story on this thing(You Tube).

Look on the bright side: everyone gets a cut out of the process: magistrate,prosecutor,police, all get job,£££,kudos,status. You get shafted: well,that's the down side.

I see some judge/adjudicator is now taking legal action against the judicial system for damages,failed clientele taking action against judiciary for wrong-doing,ineptitude. Think she's asking for compo. Guess there might be a little more input into justice for her than that it has gone into injured cyclist. Or better not :wink:

Give thanks you didn't end up in the wheelchair of coffin. Its why the Italians go to the Ndraghetta to sort stuff out. Sad but salient
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

If he had done as you suggested, he'd have been done for contempt of court if he'd done it in court during the trial, or he would have compromised the trial if he'd said it anywhere else before the trial.
He has done the only thing he could have done.
And he has certainly not 'failed'.
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

+1
There's no place in the world anymore (if there ever was) for Neanderthals, myself included.
Better to walk away with a bit of dignity than to throw a tantrum and be stared at.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

tyreon wrote:Its why the Italians go to the Ndraghetta to sort stuff out. Sad but salient

I have this vision of our beleaguered motorist waking up one morning and finding the sawn-off steering wheel of his beloved Beemer at the foot of his bed..... :D
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
tyreon

Post by tyreon »

People eventually break. What happened to the cyclist was a travesty...a complete shambles. The injured cyclist was,in my opinion,psycholgically raped with his perceptions of due process,an equitable hearing being taken from him and destroyed. In my eyes its called abuse.I'm pleased he seems to have taken it so 'well'. I am sorry I cannot reference some adjudicators/judges now calling for compo for themselves: they're out there. I haven't got the time Now the adjudicators are being threatened by those who are called to justice or don't see it correctly applied. I don't condone it,I understand it. The judicial system is being cut: beneath or above a financial limit you're not represented or representation may ruin you: you're dismissed.
Remember the barrow boy in Tunisia who set of the whole Arab Spring. He couldn't take any more. The imposition of unfair taxes,no proper representation...it's why unrest happens. No one hears? Then things get violent. Look at Ireland. For the most part things bump along. For the most part people grudgingly accept that which is ordered down. I am afraid only through shouting out will you get heard. Protest excites attention. Linked but removed,most what we have today hasn't come through he beneficence of august bodies and generous handouts but by greater people than ourselves taking on indifference,complience,'corruption'.

The adjudicator at this cyclists Hearing will probably think he/she has done a good job. No concern raised. Carry on as usual.

The fish rots at the head. I think that's another Italian saying
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Flinders wrote:If he had done as you suggested, he'd have been done for contempt of court if he'd done it in court during the trial, or he would have compromised the trial if he'd said it anywhere else before the trial.
He has done the only thing he could have done.
And he has certainly not 'failed'.

Agreed.
This chap done everything right IMO,and shown the justice system up for what it is,a failure,an absolute abysmal failure :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

661-Pete wrote:
tyreon wrote:Its why the Italians go to the Ndraghetta to sort stuff out. Sad but salient

I have this vision of our beleaguered motorist waking up one morning and finding the sawn-off steering wheel of his beloved Beemer at the foot of his bed..... :D

I've far better visions than that for him,though they'll remain 'visions' until the system is fixed, I'm not holding my breath on that though.
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

reohn2 wrote:I've far better visions than that for him,though they'll remain 'visions' until the system is fixed, I'm not holding my breath on that though.

Aha! Maybe this is what's on your mind.
[youtube]s0H0C6FNO5U[/youtube]
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

https://petition.parliament.uk/signatur ... KZs94J4Q6D

The petition has now been approved and has a record breaking 25 signatures at the time of this post.
Only another 9975 to go before the torys reject it for fear of losing votes from the motoring masses.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

661-Pete wrote:
reohn2 wrote:I've far better visions than that for him,though they'll remain 'visions' until the system is fixed, I'm not holding my breath on that though.

Aha! Maybe this is what's on your mind.
[youtube]s0H0C6FNO5U[/youtube]

Not a bad idea that Pete,but leave the driver in it :wink:
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

reohn2 wrote:Not a bad idea that Pete,but leave the driver in it :wink:

That is precisely what Oddjob does (well, the passenger, at any rate, and he shoots him first)... :shock:

I must say, I rather like the "Hamlet Cigar" take on the same theme....
[youtube]B_4CA0Wd-AQ[/youtube]
Last edited by 661-Pete on 22 Feb 2016, 11:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Spoiler alert!
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

It's a sad fact, but, im afraid that, as I get older, I get very much more cynical :-( Rather than assuming that 'authority figures' are acting in the best interests of society, I'm tending to believe differently.
I'm still determined to generally see the best in people if humanly possible, but, don't assume this to always be the case.
This particular incident I do find quite frightening on a number of levels. The fact that it can happen on the road at all, as a cyclist, is scary. The fact that the police appear not to want to proceed with the case, for whatever nefarious reason, you have to view with suspicion! Also, the fact that the law, as it seems to stand, allows someone to 'claim' that they do not know who was driving, to, potentially get away with murder. How on earth can it not be reasonable to prosecute the registered owner/hirer in lieu of them telling the truth?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
hjd10

Post by hjd10 »

Phil Fouracre wrote:It's a sad fact, but, im afraid that, as I get older, I get very much more cynical :-( Rather than assuming that 'authority figures' are acting in the best interests of society, I'm tending to believe differently.
I'm still determined to generally see the best in people if humanly possible, but, don't assume this to always be the case.
This particular incident I do find quite frightening on a number of levels. The fact that it can happen on the road at all, as a cyclist, is scary. The fact that the police appear not to want to proceed with the case, for whatever nefarious reason, you have to view with suspicion! Also, the fact that the law, as it seems to stand, allows someone to 'claim' that they do not know who was driving, to, potentially get away with murder. How on earth can it not be reasonable to prosecute the registered owner/hirer in lieu of them telling the truth?

It is even worse here in Lincolnshire. It was announced that the is not enough time and resources for the police to review dash cam evidence of road misuse.