Brutal hit & run - Nottingham

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
tyreon

Re: Brutal hit & run - Nottingham

Post by tyreon »

I'm just trying to find a get-out clause for this 'accident'.

Person/company hires hire vehicle. Vehicle driven to workplace wherein a number of employees all have access to said vehicle. At times vehicle is unattended. As workplace employees work in independent sections of work location,no employee knows where t'other is(or doesn't want to say). Man/woman takes car,goes driving,knocks over cyclist,returns car,quietly goes back to work and lies low. How do we find him/her?

And if this works for 'this accident',could same work for a pre-planned murder? Planed and found out guilty of murder nowadays: 10 years? But if planned and unluckily caught killing cyclist by car,reason 'accident',fined £250. Job done. Collect £10kor more!
Steady rider

Post by Steady rider »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-35472617
the cyclist explains that there were two in the vehicle.
case may be listed http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearin ... esults.php
Cyclist and drivers names?
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

Just watched the video again; it's clear from watching the other vehicles etc. that the car accelerates into the cyclist.
That's odd.
The cyclist was clearly visible, and the car stayed well behind it for some time (i.e., it's not like a car between pulled out to overtake and the driver of the car behind only saw the bike at the last moment.
I still think there is something odd about this. Even if the driver decided to answer the phone, or text someone, I can still only see why it would maintain speed, not why it would accelerate.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Steady rider wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-35472617
the cyclist explains that there were two in the vehicle.
case may be listed http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearin ... esults.php
Cyclist and drivers names?

That site only lists crown court cases unfortunately. There is no online database of magistates court cases, I couldn't find one anyway.

I get the feeling Reginald will identifty his attacker soon.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Flinders wrote:Just watched the video again; it's clear from watching the other vehicles etc. that the car accelerates into the cyclist.
That's odd.
The cyclist was clearly visible, and the car stayed well behind it for some time (i.e., it's not like a car between pulled out to overtake and the driver of the car behind only saw the bike at the last moment.
I still think there is something odd about this. Even if the driver decided to answer the phone, or text someone, I can still only see why it would maintain speed, not why it would accelerate.

Have you watched the update video? He explains why he believes this was a deliberate attack in a very articulate way.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Mark R wrote:Have you watched the update video? He explains why he believes this was a deliberate attack in a very articulate way.

Yes. There is only one extra video uploaded at time of posting, but he says it is the first of four.

If his allegations are true - and we only have his word for it - it represents a significant escalation of the seriousness of the affair. Remember, I made a post early on in the thread, referring to this as "attempted murder". If - and I repeat - if the allegations are true, it's difficult to escape the conclusion that this amounts to conspiracy to commit the act of attempted murder.

No doubt the devils' advocates will be along in a moment.... :|
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
irc

Post by irc »

661-Pete wrote: it's difficult to escape the conclusion that this amounts to conspiracy to commit the act of attempted murder.

No doubt the devils' advocates will be along in a moment.... :|

Well since you asked. If this was a deliberate attack using a car it doesn't make it a conspiracy. One scenario - driver annoyed at being held up accelerates into cyclist. No passenger involvement before the crime was committed.

In criminal law, a conspiracy is an agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime at some time in the future

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=criminal+conspiracy

As for the fact there were two people in the car. Changes little. It doesn't mean those were the two possible drivers.

I wait with interest the next 3 update videos which will hopefully give more info as to the investigation and evidence because at the moment it's all speculation.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Ironically, on Nottinghamshire Police's facebook page, on the 19th November 2014, so 4 days after the incident, there's a post declaring it's road safety week!
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Reading comments elsewhere they say they are a mixed race couple and many seem to think it the male driving. I'm sure all will be revealed as the videos are produced.
It's all very worrying at the moment if these people get away with it and it's also so disheartening that following vehicles just drove on.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Paulatic wrote:Reading comments elsewhere they say they are a mixed race couple...

what does that have to do with anything :? ?
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Vorpal wrote:
Paulatic wrote:Reading comments elsewhere they say they are a mixed race couple...

I too am worried about this turn of events. Anyone, whatever their ethnic group, might be a bad driver - or a good driver. It doesn't signify.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
RickH

Post by RickH »

Vorpal wrote:

Assuming the description of them as a "mixed race couple" means that one is pale skinned & the other darker, the only possible relevance I can think of is that, if any additional imagery was to come to light, the person driving might be indicated by skin tone even if they are not fully identifiable by features.

Rick
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Vorpal wrote:

Perhaps with the enhanced pics the difference in skin colour can be detected?

E2E info
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

E2E info
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Paulatic wrote:
Vorpal wrote:

Perhaps with the enhanced pics the difference in skin colour can be detected?

So, assuming there is a detectable difference in skin colour, it's potentially significant to police and witnesses, but not us?
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom