Commuting - best pannier?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
foxyrider

Re: Commuting - best pannier?

Post by foxyrider »

Try looking on Rose Bikes.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

foxyrider wrote:Try looking on Rose Bikes.

Thanks, just spent a load of time on their site and still not finished. A good site that's full of very interesting products. Glad I didn't win that 33 million quid as I'd have ended up with a big order from them.
syklist

Post by syklist »

http://bike24.de is also worth a look. They can be a fair bit cheaper than Rose. Their website search system is not as good though.
So long and thanks for all the fish...
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

I put a conventional black 20 litre rucksack inside one Ortleib roll top pannier All my work stuff - laptop, cables, papers, plus a small washbag for my shower - fits in the rucksack. When I get to work I lift the rucksack out and use it as normal. The ruck sack gives the pannier a reasonable shape.

I use the other roll top for my waterproof cycling gear, ferrying work clothes (shirt, pants, socks neatly folded and double wrapped in plastic bags to prevent creasing), tool kit and lock.

I do need to guard against packing too much in the ruck sack, and I keep my suit, belt, (hand) towel hung on hangers on a coat rack at work. Work shoes go in my draw.

Smiles.
brooksby

Post by brooksby »

Smiles wrote:... ferrying work clothes (shirt, pants, socks neatly folded and double wrapped in plastic bags to prevent creasing), ...

Why are you worried about creasing your socks? :?
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

brooksby wrote:
Smiles wrote:... ferrying work clothes (shirt, pants, socks neatly folded and double wrapped in plastic bags to prevent creasing), ...

Why are you worried about creasing your socks? :?

You mean you don't
iron yours???? :D
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Iron?
mjr

Post by mjr »

Tangled Metal wrote:Iron?

It's what bikes that aren't even gas pipe steel are made from ;-)
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.