Malmesbury/Tetbury local knowledge please!

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
KEELIEDW

Malmesbury/Tetbury local knowledge please!

Post by KEELIEDW »

I'm planning a quiet route with a very traffic-shy cyclist, can anyone answer the following:
1. Between Malmesbury and Tetbury, about half a mile due North of Brokenborough a track heads North East off the B4014. My OS Landranger Map shows the track terminating at Gilboa Farm, but other sources (Google Maps etc) show it continuing Northwards past Gilboa to join the unclassified lane just over a mile East South East of Long Newton (just East of the track to Marsh Farm). Does anyone know if it exists/ if it's rideable/ if it's a private road?
2. Half a mile to the West the Fosse Way runs parallel to this track. Does anyone know if it's cyclable for a couple of miles NE from its junction with the B4014?

Cheers.
Bmblbzzz

Re: Malmesbury/Tetbury local knowledge please!

Post by Bmblbzzz »

I don't know about the track to Gilboa farm, but:
2. The Fosse Way is cyclable all the way from the B4014 up to a point just SW of Kemble airfield, where it terminates. It's mostly a fairly decent gravel track but the last section from the minor road to the edge of the airfield is narrow and overgrown. It's a BOAT and is occasionally used by motocrossers but I've never seen a car on it.