Evil cyclists attack innocent babies

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
thelawnet

Evil cyclists attack innocent babies

Post by thelawnet »

More proof that cyclists are a menace to society

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-row.html

(NB. same logic should NEVER be applied to rogue motorists, who are not representative of their genus as a whole, this logic only applies to cyclists, who when they are not covering babies in glass, are probably eating them for breakfast.)
beardy

Re: Evil cyclists attack innocent babies

Post by beardy »

It is a pity that they didnt have a video camera fitted to show just how unprovoked the attack was.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Oh dear! Yet another DM-inspired rant (and just look at the comments - if you dare - my eye caught on one threatening to put the cyclist "in hospital - if he's lucky" :evil: ).

The cyclist was obviously very much in the wrong to do criminal damage to a vehicle - unless he was so much endangered, that breaking a window was the only way of drawing the motorist's attention to his presence. Unlikely, but that sort of thing has happened. Probably we'll never know the truth.

Incidentally, car windows are made of a type of glass that is supposed to shatter into rounded pieces of gravel, less likely to injure anyone it hits. Having said that, not something I'd want flung at a small child.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

beardy wrote:It is a pity that they didnt have a video camera fitted to show just how unprovoked the attack was.

I do wonder slightly about the L plate line.

"There were L plates on the car and my partner was driving. As we passed him again I said out the window we have L plates, have consideration."

One would assume on the balance of probabilities, and based on the wording used, that the new mother is the one learning to drive, and the L plates were therefore irrelevant to the (presumably) bad driving, since the boyfriend is the one who was driving.
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

Also, I would add that the motorist(s) appear very self-centred.

'Look at my L plates'
'Look at my baby'

All excuses for bad driving.

I did a driving awareness course a couple of years ago and they spent most of the time saying that you should think about the other person (in the other vehicle) (I'm not particularly sure why they focused on this, as I was on this course for having gone through a red light) - perhaps they are stressed because they just got diagnosed with cancer, because they are late to pick their child up from school, etc.

But these people just think about themselves and rather than apologise when they've caused someone trouble, make excuses.

Cyclists tend to have higher adrenaline, etc. then a sedentary car driver, so some consideration should be shown by motorists.....
horizon

Post by horizon »

beardy wrote:It is a pity that they didnt have a video camera fitted to show just how unprovoked the attack was.

It is a shame we don't have video footage either from the driver or cyclist (or his version of events - yet) as that would allow us to make a balanced judgement. I am happy to say at present that the cyclist was probably angered in some way by provocative driving but also over-reacted. But we don't know for sure. We don't even know for sure that he broke the window.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
maxcherry

Post by maxcherry »

Wouldn't it have been best to pull over, check the child and go to a hospital in case it has glass inside the poor little tyke, instead of taking pics :(

The cyclist is a numpty for doing it.

Honestly chaps, I'm a female!
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

thelawnet wrote:One would assume on the balance of probabilities, and based on the wording used, that the new mother is the one learning to drive, and the L plates were therefore irrelevant to the (presumably) bad driving, since the boyfriend is the one who was driving.

I don't see why we should assume anything of the kind! :roll:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

maxcherry wrote:The cyclist is a numpty for doing it.
Nope; the cyclist - all cyclists in fact - are the embodiment of pure evil and deserve to go straight to hell. :twisted:

Leastways, that seems to be the DM's line of thought, so it must be true.... :shock:
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

661-Pete wrote:
thelawnet wrote:One would assume on the balance of probabilities, and based on the wording used, that the new mother is the one learning to drive, and the L plates were therefore irrelevant to the (presumably) bad driving, since the boyfriend is the one who was driving.

I don't see why we should assume anything of the kind! :roll:

Have to agree. How did you ascertain those probabilities? Which words indicated that it was the mother learning to drive?
beardy

Post by beardy »

I thought it was worded ambiguously, rather like a sly politician's answer to give one impression while actually leaving the other option as being perfectly possible.

It implies the learner was driving at the time but does not actually say that, easy to see how somebody who is used to the cynical writings of biased journo's could come to the conclusion that it was not actually the learner driving at the time.
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

You can't possibly smash a window just by 'tapping' on it. What's going on here?

To break a car window, I'd suggest the car would have to have been stopped and the person smashing the window using some instrument.
If I hit a car as hard as I could as I passed with my hand I wouldn't break any window, I'd push myself off before I could do any damage.
Last edited by Flinders on 20 Oct 2015, 3:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
beardy

Post by beardy »

He tapped a window on the first reported encounter and smashed it with a bike lock on the third reported encounter.
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

beardy wrote:He tapped a window on the first reported encounter and smashed it with a bike lock on the third reported encounter.

Sorry, have now re-read it and see what you're saying.
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

This seems incredibly extreme if true.
A search of any CCTV footage around might clear up what happened -and/or some helmet cam footage.

The phrase about leaving room makes me wonder what went on.