Good Samaritan...Guy In Island

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
NATURAL ANKLING

Good Samaritan...Guy In Island

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
On my way home and hit new roundabout, guy off bike on roundabout island, chain off.
So I stop and he says he's fallen off :( Roadworks have been on for a year or more 100 Mil bypass, various cyclist have come to grief on ramps / off camber bends / mud. Permanent road sweeper clean roads.
I too have been very closly cut up several times :x

After a short while he's not all their and I grab his bike so he can recover.
Put his chain on and check its not got twisted links a minute of so later he's better so job done and he's OK.
I did not see him mount the bike as I shove off (I shouda really) but no grazes or worst blood so I guess he' ok, he walked off in other direction, I was not that worried as he said he was OK.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
rjb

Re: Good Samaritan...Guy In Island

Post by rjb »

Well done. Few years ago on a club run we came across a young lad lying in the road who had come a cropper on a descent. We got him onto the pavement and rang his parents - this was in the early days of mobiles and someone had a works phone. He said several cars had passed him and ignored his plight. What happened to basic humanity when behind the wheel. :shock:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
pwa

Post by pwa »

I was cycling to work early one morning with very little traffic on the road. I cruised past a young man on a mountain bike and after a few moments became aware that he was upping his pace and was in full pursuit. He passed me on the right, cut in front then (for no reason) tried to mount the curb to my left. He got the angle wrong, his forks twisted to the right and he went over the bars, hitting his unlidded head on the ground. Blood everywhere! Naturally I stopped, and given his injury I resisted the temptation to ask about his bike handling. I suggested that he give himself a moment or two before trying to stand, and I asked him how he was feeling. I checked his pupils and looked for signs of other injuries. The blood was from a superficial scalp injury, which I told him. But he was grumpy and far from appreciative. A funny experience, really.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

I still haven't been able to thank the two ladies who tended to me, ten years ago, when I had an 'off' on a quiet country lane and knocked myself unconscious with a bit of amnesia. I was a bit stupid even after coming round: I didn't get their names or their car reg., I don't even remember whether they were in the same car or two separate ones. One of them called the ambulance, waited till its arrival, then they went their way. If by the remotest chance you're reading this, ladies, belated thanks!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).