Have you ever got home and gone back out again?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Fogey

Re: Have you ever got home and gone back out again?

Post by Fogey »

After showing my daughter the cycle route to her gap year job, I did go on a 26 mile tour just because.

It's not often I have a whole morning free, and definitely going to do it again. When I have a another free morning.
Phileas

Post by Phileas »

I once got to work on a Monday and discovered I'd forgotten my trousers so I cycled home and back again (7 miles each way).

I keep a spare pair at work now. :oops:
tykeboy2003

Post by tykeboy2003 »

Can't say I've ever got home and then gone out again, but regularly ride further than my original intention. The most notable occasion being one sunday morning intending to ride a couple of miles to a car-boot sale (there was usually a chap selling bike bits there), when I got there the car-boot was cancelled due to the field being water-logged. I finished up completing a ride of almost 50 miles.
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

Once I went out hoping the weather would be kind and within a few miles saw it wasn't. I belted it back towards home before the rain really lashed and slipped off going too tight round the junction at the top of the road where we lived. A couple of hours later, with gravel rash patched up, I went out in the sunshine. Can't remember how many miles I did but wouldn't have been less than 40. The fall wasn't exactly Johnny Hoogerland stuff though...
nathb

Post by nathb »

Yes, kind of;

Only started road cycling just over a year ago, but over summer I've been doing a 60-80 mile cycle at the weekend and two 30-40 mile ones during the week (mainly around RP). However now the dark nights are drawing in and RP closes much earlier I've just taken up running (completed my 5th 5km run this morning) to fill the exercise void (hate the turbo trainer).

For the last week I've had a chesty cough; but last Tuesday I managed a 22 mile cycle spluttering and struggling to breathe, got back and did a 5km run :roll: . I also managed my greatest sporting achievement to date on Sunday; 45 mile cycle at speed then a 5km run (still suffering from a chesty cough but not as bad)...