some parents have more money than sense?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
73Chaz

some parents have more money than sense?

Post by 73Chaz »

I've bought my kids various bikes on their journeys in cycling so far. They both have decent bikes now and they both enjoy them and can ride proper distances. One has a pinnacle (Evans) bike with SA 5 speed, and the other has a Jamis. When the youngest grows out of his 24" wheel bike, it will be handed down to younger cousins and he will get his sister's Jamis 700c bike. I'll have to ask her what she would like next when we get to that point, in maybe a year's time.
The only bike I regretted buying was an Apollo from halfords. It just wasn't a nice bike. I traded it in against the Jamis when Evans were doing a deal.

More good bikes in the world - more good all round. I could be accused of "more money than sense" but I don't see it that way.
greyingbeard

Re: some parents have more money than sense?

Post by greyingbeard »

some parents have more money than sense ?

Some do. Shame mine didnt.
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

No sign of it growing up but mine seem to have gone that way in their retirement years :lol:
lingy

Post by lingy »

Agree with the idea that good kids bikes hold their value and can be sold on. It brings to mind reading somewhere that Miele are really quite cheap washing machines...due to their long life. Compared to cars, car servicing, TVs and subscriptions its long overdue that we devoted more of our income into bikes and no reason at all that kids should have the lowest quality.
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

A woman bought her daughter tickets to see One Direction. Near to the concert date, the tickets were selling for ten thousand dollars each... the mother quickly put the tickets on eBay and sold them, claiming she took the tickets off her daughter because she had slept over at some guys house without asking, lol now that is mean parents, when money comes before family like that.
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I believe you are right about Meile. Wish I'd started with it 40yrs ago.
Our first experience was buying a vacuum cleaner, dog n cat which seemed to be the only one receiving reviews it would actually lift animal hair. Works so well and hard, nearly 20 now.
Our washing machine was getting noisy do I decided on buying a Meile. I bought off Fleabay a secondhand machine which would originally cost circa £700. I paid £50, the guy refurbing his kitchen wanted a machine to take a door front. This machine washes superbly and is as quiet as a whisper. [emoji3]
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info