Bianchi eros 650c wheels

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
mayaaminsmith

Bianchi eros 650c wheels

Post by mayaaminsmith »

Hi everyone

Wondering if anybody can help me. I have a bianchi eros with 650c wheels. I have recently had the back wheel buckled in a cycling accident and am finding it very hard to get hold of a new wheel. I use my bike for commuting so am looking for affordable wheels (ie. mavic pro etc) but can only find v expensive ones being sold on ebay. I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction of standard road bike 650c wheels - are these still made? Failing that, is there another wheel that will fit this frame? I am worried I will have to abandon my beloved bike if I cannot find an affordable solution.

Thanks in advance for all help!

Maya
tatanab

Re: Bianchi eros 650c wheels

Post by tatanab »

650C rims are available. As you have said Open Pro is an option, but there are others. I very much doubt you will find a 650C wheel ready built and ready to go. The way ahead is to go to a decent local shop and let them build a wheel for you. They can source rim and spokes, and you might consider a new hub.
Valbrona

Re: Bianchi eros 650c wheels

Post by Valbrona »

Nice bike that.

Find yourself a decent shop with workshop facilities and employee's with oil and grease on their hands, and they won't look at you odd when you say you want a 650c wheel building. If you take in the old wheel they can re-use the hub, assuming it is in good condition, and sometimes having the old wheel available for reference can make their job of building a new one easier.
I should coco.