mission tricycle help needed

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
thedrisback

new member with mission tricycle

Post by thedrisback »

hi all im not sure if im in the right place but could not find anywhere for tricycles.
anyway I have joined up today as a new member.
a bit about me I have been a rider for over 30 years now and have ridden a lot of different bikes.
I have not long brought a 2nd hand tricycle that was in a poor state from a well know biding site not sure if I can name it.
anyway there are parts missing and damage.
I have always done my own repairs and will be doing so with this but do need advice on some of it.
it had been ridden with one wheel with out tube and tyre I have fixed this by fileing it down smove.
I can only do so much work at a time as my health is not as good as it was,
I will give more info tommow as its 1.15 am and off to bed now lol.
chat soon :D
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in your beliefs, and prove to me I am not mistaken in mine.
[XAP]Bob

Re: new member with mission tricycle

Post by [XAP]Bob »

We'll talk all sorts here ;)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
thedrisback

Re: new member with mission tricycle

Post by thedrisback »

more info I don't know what its called but I will call it a drive pole that goes between both back wheels.
anyway to me its too tight ie the wheels don't spin ie free wheel I have sorted the right side now but having trouble with the drive side.
I have taken the whole back wheel frame off the bike so its easer to work on but having trouble working out how to take it apart.
I had trouble working out how the wheels came off as there is a big nut on each side so I thought that was only holding the wheels on.
so I was thinking and thinking what's going on trying to hit it off dint work looked on line at photos and there is none of this bike then I had a another look and saw that there where 3 metal pins holding the wheel on the drive pole and I pulled it apart and that worked so that was easy but there was no info on line of how to do this.
so now im trying to take the drive pole apart there is the cog on with a Allan key nut I done that and also a rear drum brake fitting with lug undone that too but pole is sill not coming out.
anyone got any ideas or photos of how to do this or anyone got pdf docs for this bike??
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in your beliefs, and prove to me I am not mistaken in mine.
tatanab

Re: mission tricycle help needed

Post by tatanab »

I suggest you ask on http://on3wheels.myfastforum.org/index.php which is a forum for fine upright tricycle folk. The majority of us have lightweight large wheeled machines but there are a number of posts from people with utility machines so just perhaps somebody will have experience of a Mission and there are sure to be a number of opinions especially if you post some photographs to show some detail of the problem areas. Without photographs things get tricky and easily misunderstood.

Just like a car - the whole rear assembly is the axle and what you have described as "poles" are half shafts, so your problem is with the drive shaft.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Mission Tricycles still sells cycles. Maybe you could contact them? Otherwise photos would help to explain what the problem is.

Instructions for uploading photos are here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36594

If your photos are too big, there are several threads for making the files smaller. I think this one links to the others.

Also, I think the post is fine here (I merged the posts, and added a link topic from the other sub forum).
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
thedrisback

Post by thedrisback »

tatanab wrote:I suggest you ask on http://on3wheels.myfastforum.org/index.php which is a forum for fine upright tricycle folk. The majority of us have lightweight large wheeled machines but there are a number of posts from people with utility machines so just perhaps somebody will have experience of a Mission and there are sure to be a number of opinions especially if you post some photographs to show some detail of the problem areas. Without photographs things get tricky and easily misunderstood.

Just like a car - the whole rear assembly is the axle and what you have described as "poles" are half shafts, so your problem is with the drive shaft.

thanks just joined there site as i could not find any sites for 3 wheel bikes and they should be able to help more