Cleaning rims

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
mig

Re: Cleaning rims

Post by mig »

Mick F wrote:Dunno yet!
Only had them since middle of March. They seem as though they will last quite well because of the way they feel under braking. They are very accurately made and a smooth and progressive. I may have a more valid opinion come the winter, but they are fine in the rain ...... not that we've had much of it recently.

WHAT??!!!!!!!! :shock:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

It may have rained where you are, but it's not rained here much at all.
We had some showery weather a bit - maybe a day once a week - but generally the weather has been bright and sunny and dry. The grass has stopped growing in the garden, or at least slowed down considering this is spring/early summer.

It was wall to wall sunshine yesterday until tea time and cloudy overnight and this morning, but it's bright and breezy out there now with no sign of rain.
Mick F. Cornwall
mig

Post by mig »

::packs bags & heads for the tamar valley::
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

it has been dry where I am too, recently. People have been watering their gardens, even. There have been a few showers and a couple or three properly wet days but has been about it in the last month or so.

Several times I have looked at the weather forecast and have felt a deal of pity for folk in the Northwest and Scotland; the weather looks to have been terrible there for about the last month, maybe more. Something to do with the Jetstream I expect...

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

One of the most prolonged coldest May I recall here in SWScotland. Nothing is growing in the garden. Not even the weeds and not through lack of moisture either.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
mig

Post by mig »

recently it has been generally wet and often stupidly windy in manchester for (what seems like) an eternity. still using winter longs and jackets for the commute :(
mig

Post by mig »

c'mon MickF..."fess up"....it's raining there today right?

:wink:
niggle

Post by niggle »

I normally just clean my rims with hot soapy water and rinse off, but if any oily residue on them, e.g. chain lube, I sometimes clean with a spritz of meths and a dry cloth afterwards.

Today in Proper Cornwall we had a bit of rain this morning but nothing much, and generally it has been fairly dry, though last Sunday I experienced a fair bit of drizzle on a long ride up to Bodmin, Wadebridge, Padstow and back.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

mig wrote:c'mon MickF..."fess up"....it's raining there today right?

:wink:
Friday - today - was damp and dreary this morning. We were out in the car from 10ish and I needed intermittent wipe on for a few minutes. From then on, it was bright and dry and I had to wear my sunglasses.

Sunny intervals now with fluffy white clouds 16degC.
A bit breezy.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

mig wrote:
Mick F wrote:Dunno yet!
Only had them since middle of March. They seem as though they will last quite well because of the way they feel under braking. They are very accurately made and a smooth and progressive. I may have a more valid opinion come the winter, but they are fine in the rain ...... not that we've had much of it recently.

WHAT??!!!!!!!! :shock:
This evening. 6ish.
Picture taken from the boozer down the road across the valley into England.
Devon.jpeg
Mick F. Cornwall