White Lighting

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Mick F
Spambuster

White Lighting

Post by Mick F »

Not wishing to dig out the old thread about the consistency of WL Clean Ride and my conversations etc.

I was given some 120ml bottles of WL Epic Ride as a sweetener for complaining about the Clean Ride wax/solvent mixture variability with a promise they'd look into the problem. Whether they've solved their quality control, I don't know.

Any road up, since receiving the bottles of Epic Ride, I've used nothing else, and I thought you'd like some of my comments.

First used in August of 2014 and chain cleaned every 100miles or thereabouts. In use, ER seems to make the chain black in a few miles. Fingers go black if you touch your chain and it's messy stuff to have on there, but it cleans off beautifully and easily using Gunk-in-a-jar technique. I've got through one 120ml bottle and I'm half way through the next.

When I cleaned my chain last, I was unhappy that it seemed to have worn earlier than I'd have expected. I have five chains and all been used exclusively with Clean Ride three of the which won't be used again as they are past their best. One which was lubed for the latter half its life with Epic Ride and I'll continue to use that one along with another.

I've now decided NOT to use Epic Ride again and stay with Clean Ride.

The advantages are that my chains last longer, they stay clean, I stay clean, and the transmission stays clean.
Disadvantage is that it costs money of course.

I've put a post on the Swaps/Trades page, but no-one has taken me up as yet.
I'll send you three 120ml bottles of Epic Ride if you send me one 240ml bottle of Clean Ride. You can buy one on line and have it sent to my address and I'll stand the postage charge to you.
PM me if interested.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=96794
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: White Lighting

Post by Mick F »

I take it that no-one wants to try White Lightning Epic Ride?
http://www.ctcshop.org.uk/white-lightni ... ml-bottle/
Mick F. Cornwall