FREE Volvo life paint for cyclist

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
gaz

Re: FREE Volvo life paint for cyclist

Post by gaz »

maxcherry wrote:I am not the brightest person, ...

You could be, with a quick spray of Volvo life paint :wink: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
edocaster

Post by edocaster »

AlaninWales wrote:It is a new version "Prisoner's dilemma: Each of us is expected to go that bit further to ensure the poor drivers have a "chance of seeing" us. Each step the individual takes puts the other(s) at disadvantage because they are all expected to at least match that step. Meanwhile the amount of light pollution escalates, the expectations of how visible someone on the public road must make themselves increases and woe betide anyone who cannot afford or does not wish, to dress up like an illuminated clown :( .

I dunno. It seems that there can be advances made in road safety. The falling car injury statistics point to newer cars (or drivers?) as being a key factor in improved safety for the occupants (both in terms of the occurrence and severity of accidents). Having cyclists do exactly the same as they did 50 years ago is one school of thought. But others are actually happy to see if improvements can actually be made - in all respects, not just how visible bikes and riders are per se.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Don't they point to medical treatment as much as anything?

Oh, and to externalised danger...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

So this Volvo paint is some kind of PR spoof??? As is this one??? warning a cyclist of an impending collision with a car.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
edocaster

Post by edocaster »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Don't they point to medical treatment as much as anything?

The last time I looked at: http://road-collisions.dft.gov.uk/ ...fewer collisions.

Technology can do more than just distract drivers by iPhones, etc, so let's make it work in our favour. People don't get better or worse, but getting man to the moon was possible in 1969, yet not in 1869. Why not move forwards?
maxcherry

Post by maxcherry »

gaz wrote:
maxcherry wrote:I am not the brightest person, ...

You could be, with a quick spray of Volvo life paint :wink: .

I told the P*****fairy where you live
Honestly chaps, I'm a female!
AlaninWales

Post by AlaninWales »

edocaster wrote:

The last time I looked at: http://road-collisions.dft.gov.uk/ ...fewer collisions.

Technology can do more than just distract drivers by iPhones, etc, so let's make it work in our favour. People don't get better or worse, but getting man to the moon was possible in 1969, yet not in 1869. Why not move forwards?

If you regard the expectation of having everyone (and everything?) on the roads being fluorescent as "moving forwards" then we will have to disagree.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

AlaninWales wrote:
edocaster wrote:

If you regard the expectation of having everyone (and everything?) on the roads being fluorescent as "moving forwards" then we will have to disagree.

Indeed.

Maybe the IR cameras in some high end cars are valuable, as are the forward looking radar and automatic braking systems...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.