Echo W1 cycle computer

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
gocats

Echo W1 cycle computer

Post by gocats »

I'm trying to set up an Echo W1 computer to work from the rear wheel, so readings can be taken while on wind trainer, but without success. I suspect that the signal from sensor is too weak. Has anybody any ideas?

Thanks
gocats
Redvee

Re: Echo W1 cycle computer

Post by Redvee »

Other wireless computers have a max distance of less than the distance from the rear wheel to bars, around 75cm IIRC.
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

A double mirror system so you can see the head unit display when placed say on a chair close to your sensor.
Or a video camera set up pointing at the head unit focused close in with the screen turned toward you so you can see, or if you have an additional monitor connect it up so you can see the head unit large. Obvs you won't be able to cycle through the functions.
I've got two echo W1s, one I've had for about 12 years, just tried moving mine a distance away from the sensor and it wasn't having it.
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

you could mount the display between your legs perhaps?

If you need the thing on the handlebars I'd suggest that you could get a cheap wired computer easily enough. They start around £5 if you shop around and you can extend a short wire if you are handy. Some come with a 2m long wire like this;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veloset-2131-Turbo-Trainer-Computer/dp/B007R42BX6

so are just right for turbo trainers etc. even if they do cost a little more.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~