gps system

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
jay63

gps system

Post by jay63 »

Hi all,new to the forum so go easy on me if this is in the wrong place,looking for a bit of help,advice from any bryton rider 50 users please.recently bought a second hand one although It had never been used,appears to be a 2011 model.on setting it all up the unit comes up with an error stating version of map engine is too old visit bb2. On updating through the bryton bridge2 the error still does not go, also battery discharging quickly so may need a new one but cannot see a way of getting into the back to take the existing one out, any advise would be much appreciated as I was really looking forward to using this unit as it has some good features.thanks in advance
nickpaton

Re: gps system

Post by nickpaton »

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have one, but a quick internet check shows it has a built in Lithium battery which is charged via what appears to be a 5V mini USB mains adapter.

If you dont already have one, you can download a manual here.

Can't help with the software issue.
jay63

Post by jay63 »

Thanks for the welcome,reply and link, I only had a quick start guide with the unit,so the full manual is great thanks.still no joy with the mapping engine,I have mailed bryton with an enquiry so will see if they can suggest anything.thanks and great looking forum by the way..
nickpaton

Post by nickpaton »

Looking round, people have had issues with bridge2 software not installing and having to try a number of times. Also the firmware (the core program that makes the Bryton run) could be out of date and may also need updating.

First have a look at the FAQ's here for rider 50. Lots of useful information, such as carrying out a soft reset.

I'd also suggest going to Bryton download page here, and running the device recovery tool (scroll down), as you've had issues similar to what you're describing. This restores the Bryton back to factory settings, and could be a good thing to do as you'll not know what the previous owner has done.

Then download and run the bridge2 program for your device, which should hopefully update the firmware and any other out of date programs.
jay63

Post by jay63 »

Nice one thanks,lots to try out there,will give it a go later and post how I go on , tried the resets but not the recovery programme , all the training programmes and other good things on it work spot on, its just the mapping side of things,which is why I went for that particular model ao is functionally pretty relevant.cheers for the advise, I,m liking this forum already,some good stuff on it especially for a novice like myself.