Freelight not Reelight

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
breakwellmz

Freelight not Reelight

Post by breakwellmz »

Anyone else come across these?-
A very homemade look about them, but only eleven quid? :shock:

http://www.freelights.co.uk/index.html
mercalia

Re: Freelight not Reelight

Post by mercalia »

interesting I wonder if would just run a rear steady light?
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

it says it can run a steady light whilst stopped (with brake on). This is done by using a capacitor to store charge, with a (rather heath-robinson) 'switch' on the V brake. That part looks due a review (maybe a micro switch on caliper or lever?) but otherwise it looks a reasonable product. It won't run continuous steady on (pretty sure on that, but ready to be corrected)
One issue that worries me is that if this sort of tech becomes widespread we may all be expected to have lights to cater for the motorists who don't open their eyes!!! I'm amazed when driving in visibility of some 5 miles, that other motorists flash their lights at me just because everyone else has their lights on and I don't! Clearly they can see me even though I don't have my lights on! :lol: - evidenced by their flash.
Are modern motorists' eyes really getting worse? Maybe not enough carrots? :mrgreen: Rant over.
Bikefayre

Post by Bikefayre »

Sprintect Vision Reflectors from sjscycles.co.uk are another option-watch the enclosed video link on the site.