Fitting folding tyres

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
reohn2

Re: Fitting folding tyres

Post by reohn2 »

TBH,whilst such tyres are better to fit the second time due to them taking a ''memory'' so being more compliant and easier to fit a second time.
I wouldn't want to risk that rainy,cold,dark,windy day hoping they'll be easier to fit the second time should I puncture :shock: .
The Boy Scout in me wants to be prepared in the sense that I want to be able fit them without the possibility of the wrestling match,So to BruceJ and DaveP I'd say,now that you fitted them,take them off and try refitting them without the 'pleasures' of the rain,cold,dark,and wind :wink:
And if they still proved difficult I'd question their usefulness to me,TBH I'd rather a tyre puncture occasionally that I can refit easily than the trusting one that promises not to but is an absolute pig to fit,or worse still it's refitting an unknown factor.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
DaveP

Re: Fitting folding tyres

Post by DaveP »

I think you're right. There is a clear "need to know" :)
SWMBO understands that the occasional sudden loss of pressure may occur, but if yours truly couldn't sort it PDQ... Brrrrr!
A warm dry run through is clearly required, together with a toe clip artfully concealed somewhere "on board".
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!