Why couldn't I

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
recordacefromnew

Re: Why couldn't I

Post by recordacefromnew »

mill4six wrote:I see, more to think about then. In response to an earlier question, I suggested 650b wheels so that I could have knobbly tyres on one wheelset and a second with deep rims and slicks for road use although I have found slick 25mm 26" tyres before it's not as easy.

25mm 700c has essentially the same diameter as 26" x 2.1 or 2.25 and will therefore deliver the same bb / pedal ground clearance and design geometry, and would also give you the best possible choice of road and off-road tyres money can buy. So if I were you I wouldn't go for 650b.
Bicycler

Re: Why couldn't I

Post by Bicycler »

mill4six wrote:
If you can get hold of a Salsa Fargo frame, it is a steel MTB frame designed for drop bars
That's great, most of the work has been done for me! :D But would it accept a suspension fork?

Yes. Their website currently advertises that the frame is compatible with a 100mm travel suspension fork. They sell a suspension version of the complete bike too.

In the back of my mind I think I recall that the first Fargo models from a few years ago didn't have suspension corrected geometry so that's something to check before buying 2nd hand.