Busch and Muller Topfire cycle helmet LED Lights

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Maverick777

Busch and Muller Topfire cycle helmet LED Lights

Post by Maverick777 »

Busch and Muller Topfire cycle helmet LED Lights. Great idea, let down by the fitting of the LED's to the helmet. Basically the adhesive tabs supplied with the product are not up to the job, so if you purchase factor in the cost of finding a suitable product to glue or affix the LED's to your helmet. Plus the LED's are quite directional, it's shame they don't have 180 degree cover.
[XAP]Bob

Re: Busch and Muller Topfire cycle helmet LED Lights

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I think it's more expensive than it should be - and not sufficiently weatherproof.

Mine is actually under my saddle - the led's tied to the rails, the switch under the nose. Flashing only lights, I reckon 4 candela is likely, although I haven't measured it - Road legal...

The bike it's on is a fair weather machine, so the weather resistance isn't too problematic...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
[XAP]Bob

Re: Busch and Muller Topfire cycle helmet LED Lights

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I asked B&M - they reckon about 4 Candela tops...

So might not quite be bright enough to be a compliant light...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.