Resetting a Cateye cycle computer

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
johnseakayaks

Resetting a Cateye cycle computer

Post by johnseakayaks »

Do you know how to reset a Cateye Velo Wireless CC-VT200W cycle computer?

If so please could you explain to me how to reset it?

By "reset" I mean enter the wheel size, then the other information such as the date and time.

I have the instructions but I have tried numerous times and have failed. Recently I visited a cycle shop in Rainham, Kent. The chap in the shop was most helpful. He reset the computer free but he did it so quickly that I could not follow what he did.

Attached are photos of the front and back of the computer. It is basically a matter of fiddling with the button on the front and then using something sharp like a sharp pencil or a pin to operate the tiny button on the back.

I have taken the battery out many times but still have not mastered setting that computer. As a last resort I could buy another Sigma computer. I have had many Sigma computers and I have found them easier to reset.

I bought a new front light and a new inner tube in the shop in Rainham; I wasn't expecting him to help me for nothing.

John Osborne E-mail johnkayaker@johnosbornejournalist.co.uk or call 07523 085505.
Brucey

Re: Resetting a Cateye cycle computer

Post by Brucey »

instructions are here;

http://www.cateye.com/files/manual_dl/2/50/CC-VT200W_ENG_v2.pdf

it doesn't look too bad, but it might be one of those things that someone needs to walk you through in person.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~