Hi vis jacket

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
TonyR

Re: Hi vis jacket

Post by TonyR »

There has also been changes in STATS19 data too. It used to be that an experienced traffic officer attended all injury accidents and its the officers assessment of the seriousness of the injury that is recorded in STATS19, not a medical opinion and that was followed up by a call to the hospital later to find out the outcome. Now any junior officer near at hand attends and is still asked to make the same judgement and no follow up call is made.

On the broader scale though when attempts have been made to match individual by individual records in STATS19 and HES they match pretty well for all road user groups but not cyclists leading to a concern that the drop in ksi is artifactual and not real.
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

Does anybody have an answer to the original question?

Is there a Dye for nylon?
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar
adamfr

Post by adamfr »

I believe Dye would be possible, it's only £5 or so
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

You might be able to dye it a darker colour but I very much doubt if you can dye a blue jacket yellow - it will almost certainly end up a smeary turquoise. Unless you bleach it first, perhaps. I think such harsh treatment would wreck the jacket altogether, though.

How about sewing or sticking on some fluo yellow strips?
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Dying nylon is a messy business and not very satisfactory. You need to boil it on the stove to get it to attach to the fibres and things like lycra don't like the heat. You won't get a good result trying to dye anything other than white or yellow to yellow.