Dawes Discovery 501

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Taxboy

Dawes Discovery 501

Post by Taxboy »

Having lurked for a while I've become aware of the vast amount of knowledge of all things Dawes around on this forum.

I'm considering a used purchase of a Dawes Discovery 501however my online research suggests this model was only available for 2011 and then disappeared in 2012 & 13 before reappearing with disc brakes in 2014 - is this correct or more likely have I missed something

TIA for any input on this
531colin

Re: Dawes Discovery 501

Post by 531colin »

There is an "archive" here....http://dawescycles.com/bike-archive-manuals/
Complete/incomplete/good/bad/indifferent, I have no idea. It isn't always easy to get all the information on old models of any brand of bike, things like frame geometry disappear off the face (bowels?) of the internet.

You don't say why its important for you to know what year(s) the bike was made....?
Taxboy

Post by Taxboy »

531colin wrote:There is an "archive" here....http://dawescycles.com/bike-archive-manuals/
Complete/incomplete/good/bad/indifferent, I have no idea. It isn't always easy to get all the information on old models of any brand of bike, things like frame geometry disappear off the face (bowels?) of the internet.

You don't say why its important for you to know what year(s) the bike was made....?

I had a look there and the 501 disappeared from the catalogue for those years hence my question. I'm thinking of buying S/H so looking to confirm age spec etc. I also tried the bikelist.co.uk but similar on there
gaz

Post by gaz »

Spec list for the Discovery 501 can be found on the forum, here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=58198

It's not clear to me if that's for a 2011 or 2012 model.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
531colin

Post by 531colin »

Following on Gaz's post, you might want to put "DH19" into the search box.
Some are OK, some fail....dodgy batch?
Any bike you mention, somebody will have a tale to tell!