50mm layback seatpost Humpert Ergotec Futura

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
JohnW

Re: 50mm layback seatpost Humpert Ergotec Futura

Post by JohnW »

Brucey wrote:
JohnW wrote: ...There is a convention that says that you can position the bars from the saddle by placing your elbow on the nose of the saddle, and the and then touch the bars with your fingertips......if your fingertips just 'kiss' the bars, then ostensibly you've got the right relationship. I don't go along with that....

agreed, but if you take it as a 'starting point' it is better than anything else that is also that simple. It will (with about 90% of saddles and handlebars out there, and a few obvious exceptions) usually get you within an inch or so of the right spot.

cheers

Brucey - from my own experience, I'd agree with that..........similar to the KOPS rule. However, the question was about ascertaining the seatbone position.
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

OT again...? Surely not... :oops: :roll: :roll:

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Brucey wrote:OT again...? Surely not... :oops: :roll: :roll:

cheers

???????
samsbike

Post by samsbike »

JohnW wrote:
Brucey wrote:OT again...? Surely not... :oops: :roll: :roll:

cheers

???????

Brucey is just teasing that we have moved away from the seatpost to measurements! :D
RickH

Post by RickH »

I don't know if I have short forearms/hands but, with my elbow against the nose of the saddle, my fingertips reach just about to the front side of the stem cap & about 9cm away from the back edge of the bars!

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

FWIW,back my elbow on nose of saddle,my fingertips are 5cm short of the back edge of the h/bars,the measurement from nose of saddle to back edge of h/bars is 53cm.
When riding on the hoods looking down,the front wheel axle appears central between topcap bolt and center of h/bars.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
samsbike

Post by samsbike »

reohn2 wrote:FWIW,back my elbow on nose of saddle,my fingertips are 5cm short of the back edge of the h/bars,the measurement from nose of saddle to back edge of h/bars is 53cm.
When riding on the hoods looking down,the front wheel axle appears central between topcap bolt and center of h/bars.

I have just been measuring myself - however my equivalent to above are 7cm short and 56cm.