Selle Italia XO Genuine Gel saddle, embroidered

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
student

Selle Italia XO Genuine Gel saddle, embroidered

Post by student »

I'd like to inquire about this saddle:

http://apro.bikemag.hu/browse/orszaguti ... 47234.html

I've asked the seller to measure it, he told me it's narrow, 136mm at the widest point. Can I believe him? I thought these would be at least 140mm, to support my buns.. :)

I'd like to buy a new saddle, cause a week ago in a crash my saddle got totally compromised... ANd this seems to bee a good cheapo alternative to the Q-bik saddle (the q-bik is 270mm long and 140mm at the widest point, this one should be similar, the price is very reasonable for 13 euros).

Kind regards.

I have a similar Selle Italia Flite Genuine Gel with very similar shape and embroidery, but with titanium rails on my other bike, and I like that saddle very much. Very comfy and compliant.. How would you compare this XO to the flite?

Thank you :)
I'm located outside the UK. Never been there, not even considering getting a work there once I have my degree. :)
cycleruk

Re: Selle Italia XO Genuine Gel saddle, embroidered

Post by cycleruk »

My "XO" (though no embroidered.) =
260mm Long. x 130mm overall Wide. x about 75mm wide sit-bone platform.

Sorry can't comment on comparison with the other saddle.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
student

Re: Selle Italia XO Genuine Gel saddle, embroidered

Post by student »

Thank you for the response. It seems that there are different versions of the same saddle, as I've found reviews where they are described as being 135mm wide and 270mm long.

I'll probably won't buy it after all, as I have been given a Charge Spoon in white by a mate of mine, and also, my sit-bones are a bit wider. :)
I'm located outside the UK. Never been there, not even considering getting a work there once I have my degree. :)