Garmin 810 creating/amending routes on the go

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
NEvans

Garmin 810 creating/amending routes on the go

Post by NEvans »

For my Garmin Edge 810 it is very easy to create and download from the Garmin Connect website multi-day rides. But I want the ability to amend routes while out. So at lunchtime change points to go via, or on multiple days out, create route points and/or from - to route create for the next day. If out for a week don't want to be carrying a laptop or tablet with me.
Thanks
Newton's first law; Large body mass and weight equals fast going down hill but slow going up,
So blame Newton not me when you're bored waiting at the top of the hill.
Dave W

Re: Garmin 810 creating/amending routes on the go

Post by Dave W »

Garmin have their own forums so might be worth asking on there too?
MGate

Post by MGate »

You need to be able to access the Garmin Connect site via the internet through a web browser. You can do this on a compatible phone/ipad etc. You CAN alter the route this way. Then you have to open the Garmin connect app, link to the 810 via bluetooth, and then it will synchronise the new route to the Garmin with your changes. Did make use of that when my wife did her E2E, enabled us to make changes on the fly.

Yes its frustrating that you can't edit in the Garmin Connect App itself - so its a bit round the houses - but it will work if you are only carrying a smartphone.

So:

Edit on Garmin Connect website (edit then save) > Open Connect App > Connect to Garmin and sync
NEvans

Post by NEvans »

MGate wrote:Did make use of that when my wife did her E2E, enabled us to make changes on the fly.

Been trying to talk the wife into the LE2JOG next spring (fingers crossed, sounds like it will happen), and this ability to amend sounds a useful/important option on have.
Newton's first law; Large body mass and weight equals fast going down hill but slow going up,
So blame Newton not me when you're bored waiting at the top of the hill.