roof bars query

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
robert17

roof bars query

Post by robert17 »

Dear all,

I have had to change my car and require new bars to carry my bike carrier and roof box. Has anyone got any experience of Cruz Premium bars? Budget is very limited and cannot really afford another Thule set and to be honest not too keen on their new designs anyhow. Thank you.

Robert.
Steve O'C

Re: roof bars query

Post by Steve O'C »

I have a set of these on my Ford Focus. They are the first set of bars that I have owned so nothing much to compare them to but they attach easily to the fixing points on the roof and I have used them with a roof box and with a bike carrier without problems. They do not make much wind noise.

I bought mine from roof box.co.uk who delivered promptly. A couple of bolts from the bike rack I bought from them at the same time were missing and they sent replacements out the next day (I have no connection to this company).

Steve
wirral_cyclist

Post by wirral_cyclist »

Can you not just buy a footpack to adapt the old bars to new vehicle?
Kenn

Post by Kenn »

What make and model is your new car?
robert17

Post by robert17 »

I have looked into buying a replacement footpack and this works out somewhat more expensive. New car is a Peugeot 308 hatchback, 2009. Thanks all.
wirral_cyclist

Post by wirral_cyclist »

robert17 wrote:I have looked into buying a replacement footpack and this works out somewhat more expensive. New car is a Peugeot 308 hatchback, 2009. Thanks all.

Actually I meant a fixing kit £32-35 but it requires the 'old' footpack to be compatible - so if you had a 753 footpack (and 120cm bars) then that's quite cheap.
Loads of Thule bits on fleabag, could subsidise new bits by offloading your old Thule stuff - really popular as the quality ius so good.
robert17

Post by robert17 »

Yes, you see I have what preceded the 753 and after visiting Halfords for some research realised I needed both bits at great expense. I will probably sell my current set up in full to fund new purchase.