REAR oln measurements?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
kenster

Re: REAR oln measurements?

Post by kenster »

Bleep there's a thing the Sellers response was to suggest that i was offered insurance but choose not to take it.this wasn't the case and was implied it was. If you noted in the other posts the frame was secured well but only at 100mm. I agree that courier services are pretty ruthless,I sent a bike last year via here and it had the rear stay snapped clean in half! Unbelievable the force involved in that.thankfully we got the money back :-) .
If the frame had been damaged in transit it would of almost certainly been out of line or pushed to one side or an other not having the rear drop outs pushed inwards. I don't suppose I'll get anything back however I'll try and if backed up by lbs's I'll certainly be making this known to the seller and forum.
kenster

Post by kenster »

Thanks for the heads up on insurance. I would never do again without making sure it was, I'll keep you updated cheers j
gerrymcm

Post by gerrymcm »

Hi kenster, is the seller on the other forum saying it was sent as 130mm and therefore damaged in transit?
If this is the case then surely the bolt/axle keeping the rear DO's in place wouldn't have been set for 100mm.
Did you use private messaging to conduct this transaction?

Good luck
Gerry
Graham

Post by Graham »

Hi Kenster,

This is tricky one ! All you know for sure is that you have a damaged frame.

In most transactions involving delivery ( e.g. individual buys from a company ) it is the responsibility of the seller to get the goods to you in the condition as described at the sale.

For second-hand goods and small ads I think we are in a much murkier world. Most buyers don't think about what happens when goods are damaged in transit - until something goes horribly wrong.

If you get the "loss or damage in-transit" situation clearly defined at the time of the sale then the situation (obviously) becomes clear(er).

Always best to get the seller to insure even if they push the cost back to you, because any damaged item can be returned and it is for the seller to take responsibility and resolve.

It seems that your case really hinges on whatever evidence you can gather that you were NOT offered insurance and that you reasonably assumed that transit insurance was provided by the seller.

Good Luck