Will I benefit from 25/28c tyres

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Will I benefit from 25/28c tyres

Post by Mick F »

I used to think my tyres lost pressure over a few days, then I discovered it was my pump letting them down as I connected and disconnected.

Now I know better, my tyres stay hard for a week or more. Rear at 120psi and front at 100psi.
Mick F. Cornwall
maxcherry

Post by maxcherry »

Mick F wrote:I used to think my tyres lost pressure over a few days, then I discovered it was my pump letting them down as I connected and disconnected.

Now I know better, my tyres stay hard for a week or more. Rear at 120psi and front at 100psi.

Sorry

Why are your tyres at different pressures? Is it safe to do that!
Honestly chaps, I'm a female!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Tyres need pressure depending on the weight pressing down.

Most bikes and riders have a greater weight at the rear than at the front. Maybe a 60/40 weight differential or even a 70/30 differential.

Consequently, the rear tyre on bikes need more air than the front. I've chosen 120psi for the rear and 100psi at the front as it feels and looks right. I can see that the tyres deform the same amount when I'm riding.
Mick F. Cornwall
maxcherry

Post by maxcherry »

Mick F wrote:Tyres need pressure depending on the weight pressing down.

Most bikes and riders have a greater weight at the rear than at the front. Maybe a 60/40 weight differential or even a 70/30 differential.

Consequently, the rear tyre on bikes need more air than the front. I've chosen 120psi for the rear and 100psi at the front as it feels and looks right. I can see that the tyres deform the same amount when I'm riding.

Thank you for explaining. I never knew that, I just pumped them till they felt hard.
I'll give it a try in the morning

Thank you :)
Honestly chaps, I'm a female!
freeflow

Post by freeflow »

This is what you need if you want to adjust tyre pressure for weight distribution.

http://www.bikequarterly.com/images/TireDrop.pdf