GPS Logging

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
[XAP]Bob

GPS Logging

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Assuming you don't want to spend a fortune on H/R Cadence logs, navigation and a "cyclist" logo...

Then the Canmore GT-730FL-S is a decent little device...

It does (officially) require a M$ OS to extract the data, but it is a nice small basic logger. It had an "on/off" slide switch and a single button (to "tag" a location)

Ebay, Amazon (similar)...

It's the size of a big USB drive, has a USB connector for charging the (reportedly 18 hour) battery and about 70 hours of record per second logging.

Slide the switch on and it starts logging (once it's found some satellites, which IME has been quite quick), turn it off and it stops.

I am looking at GPSBabel options for extracting data...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Psamathe

Re: GPS Logging

Post by Psamathe »

The description on Amazon says it has no batery and is powered by USB (i.e. you have to plug it into e.g. your computer).

This USB GPS receiver can be used with electronic devices with USB port (laptop, netbook, etc). The unit has no battery and is powered via USB. Supply voltage - 3.8V ~ 8.0V.

So not something I would find useful but maybe others would ?

Ian
[XAP]Bob

Re: GPS Logging

Post by [XAP]Bob »

OK - the amazon one isn't exactly the same - I didn't read it for long enough to check...

The one I have is certainly battery powered.

I have a couple of lanyards I wear, this is one (cycling only) I also have the Work ID one, and the house/garage key one...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.