qualified bike mechanic required for social enterprise

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
alfymud

qualified bike mechanic required for social enterprise

Post by alfymud »

Hi

I run a not-for-profit Social Enterprise called Peddle My Wheels Ltd, http://www.peddlemywheels.com. We collect unwanted bicycles, service and sell them.

We officially launched in March 2014 and have been using the services of a local bike shop to service the bikes we collect. This has been fine but we are generating more interest and now have the opportunity for bulk collections of unwanted bikes and therefore require a more permanent bike servicing arrangement. My background is in managing businesses and online marketing and sales and the practical business of bike repairing is not my strong point.

I am looking for a qualified bike mechanic to come in as a Partner with myself and my web team. Initially we will probably require the person for 1-2 days a week but I am hoping, with the various initiatives waiting to launch, the successful candidate will be actively involved on a full time basis and will become an integral part of the Company.

We are based in East Dulwich, London, SE22.

Salaries and hours can be discussed but essentially I am looking for someone with an Entrepreneurial streak, who wants to be involved in an environmentally, socially responsible Enterprise with very ambitious growth plans. We have secured a place on the BITC programme, are part of Social Enterprise UK and are working on a number of new technological initiatives as well as partnerships with various suppliers and retail outlets.

Please contact alfy@peddlemywheels.com or call on 07960 638649.

Many Thanks
Alfy